Another Polk in the house - Monitor 10A with Peerless. ;)

2»

Comments

• TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,266
    edited March 2013
    Mystery wrote: »
    Polyswitch can be replaced with a .5 ohm resistor right?
    That may be a quicker way to eliminate polyswitch issue.
    I didn't remove my polyswitches. For troubleshooting purposes I just put a jumper wire across the polyswitchs on the back side of the board which in effect eliminates them from the tweeter circuit. That way I could easily remove the jumper if needed at a later time.

I don't think replacing the polyswitches with resisters would be quicker than installing a jumper. The quickest way to take the polyswitches out of the tweeter circuit would be to tack a jumper wire across the leads coming out of the polyswitch on the front side of the circuit board. It would work but it wouldn't look too good.

I have read here on the forum that some people replace the polyswitch with a resistor as you say. I might try that when I get some extra time to see if I like the way it sounds. I don't see using a resistor as a necessity. I think if polyswitch resistance was intended to be part of the tweeter circuit it would have been noted in the schematics but it's not.
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet