RTi12 Power Question

Options
RVJII
RVJII Posts: 167
edited December 2003 in Speakers
Ok, I've become convinced that my RTi12's sound good but will sound even better with more power. My dilemma is that I really like my receiver features (especially the network capability) and would like to still utilize it. With that said I am considering the following bi-amp approach:

Mids/Tweeters: Onkyo's F/R and F/L channels (110 watts/per)
Woofers: Onkyo F/R and F/L pre out to an Adcom GFA 5500 (200 watts/per)

Alternatively for the Woofers I am looking at a couple of Outlaw M-Blocks (Model 200)

My questions are as follows:

1. Does this sound like a good setup from a power perspective or would a less powerful Adcom / Outlaw do the trick?

2. What are the specs that I have to make sure match between the Onkyo and Adcom / Outlaw? (Gain, etc) Are these adjustable?

3. Is there anything that I am missing or should be aware of that I am not asking?

I appreciate any help that you guys can give. I've never done a bi-amp setup before so am not aware of all of the potential problems, etc.
A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...
Post edited by RVJII on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2003
    Options
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14352

Pretty much the same as you asked before, excepting the adjustable part to which the answer is no.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RVJII
    RVJII Posts: 167
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Hey, thanks...I thought that I asked about this once but didn't see it.

Outlaw told me that they'd just use the M-Blocks but it kills me to lose to 110w channels.
    A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...