High Current Surge Protectors/Conditioners

Options
RVJII
RVJII Posts: 167
Can anyone recommend a reasonable surge protector/line conditioner with a high current outlet for amps? I was looking at the Monster HT800 Surge v2.0 but I have been told that monster does not provide for a high current outlet. Apparently, this can "choke off" your amp.

I'd really like to keep in under $150. Any suggestions?
A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...
Post edited by RVJII on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Email forum member, EZC....he can help you alot with the MOnster Cable questions.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ezc
    ezc Posts: 426
    edited December 2003
    Options
    If you want a Monster Surge/Conditioner with a high current outlet for amps you should look at the HTS3600 or better. The 3600, 5100, & 7000 have dedicated high current outlets & high current filters. They shouldnt choke off your amp, unless your running a very high current model than you will want the htps7000. The prices start at $499 for the 3600 & goes up as the models go up. I know you want to stay under 150 for the unit. I dont know of a Monster Power unit with a dedicated high current outlet for that price. For the 150 you can get a real good hts1000 MKII but it still dosnt have the high power outlet. What does your system consist of? Do you need a High Current Outlet? Do you know what amount of amps your system will draw? If you dont need a high current outlet look at the monster ht800 its a nice surge/conditioner & we sell lots of them. If you got the extra dollars buy the HTS1000 MKII, it has stage 2 filtering, two seperate isolated banks of outlets. Plug all your noisy equipment on one side & your tv & receiver on the other, the 1000 retail is 149.95.