98 Blazer Door Speakers

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited December 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
CRUTCHFIELD SAYS DB650'S ARE NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THE 98 BLAZER DOORS ANY BODY KNOW WHY?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited December 2003
    FIRST THINGS FIRST - DONT TYPE IN ALL CAPS, IT'S LIKE YOU'RE YELLING! okey... i tried to look up the blazer on crutchfield's fitment guide, but it needs to know whether it's two- or four-door and whether it came with a factory radio. running off an educated guess, crutchfield reccommends stuff based on their measurements of factory mounting locations. it's likely that the db650's are the wrong size for the location (i'll assume door for ease of discussion) or that you'd have to do some cutting or raising of the speaker (if the hole's real shallow). with a little extra info, i could probably figure it out more precisely.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited December 2003
    the speakers are probably to deep
    GM needs to get their head out of their butt when it comes to speakers...
    -Cody
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2003
    Blazer is a 98 four door with factory speakers. Polk's fit guide says these speakers will work, but crutchfield says not .
    I'd really like to use these but i don't want to lay out money for speakers that won't fit.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited December 2003
    egh, crutchfield is not always right
    im not saying polk is always right either
    go to crutchfield and compare the speakers that do fit with the DB's, if the depth and other measurements are the same or less, theyll fit
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited December 2003
    crutchfield will put a speaker in the front door that has a depth of 1-15/16 inches, and polk says the db650 has a depth of 2 inches (both top-mount). crotchfield will put a 2-3/16" speaker in the rear door, tho. i think that 1/16 of an inch is negligible, but you might have to raise them a bit to make it fit. or go with another brand, someone with shallow-mount speakers.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2003
    Go to Circuit City and as an installer. He has probably done installs on a bunch of Blazers and will tell you straight. I asked one when I bought my MM 6x9 and he told me it would fit but I should be prepared to do some whackin' and bendin'. And sure enough, I was in my driveway with a jigsaw, pliers and a hammer (for when it just wouldnt fit) for 2 hours but they finally went in and work great!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D