nakamichi heaphones

Options
seabeerob213
seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
edited March 2013 in Headphones
i found a big selection of these at sears, for cheap, i bought a pair of the earbuds for 7 bucks, and for the price they sound awesome anyone else try any of these out? how did you like them for the price
2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
Post edited by seabeerob213 on

Comments

• seabeerob213
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i dont know if they need burned in or what, but they sound like listening through a blanket,at least when on my laptop, zune, or phone, i will try them to the avr, maybe leave them playing music for a couple days through the zune and see if they open up. theyre good looking and comfortable buds, i'd hate to have to put them away till a rainy day because they sound bad.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I have no idea who makes those or who is the current owner of the Nakamichi name? I've seen these at Sears and K-mart (they're joined at the hip these days). They also have a line of super cheap over the ear phones that have some unusual specs, such as really LOW efficiency, like 88.X db? But they come in pretty colors and are probably geared toward the lower end of the market (people who want style and some fashion but don't feel like wasting 200-400 on Beats, Soul, or whatever). I doubt they compare with even 30-50 dollar Sony, or JVC, etc.

I've never really liked earbuds, myself, so I really wouldn't know.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • seabeerob213
    edited March 2013
    Options
    for 7 dollars i couldnt pass on them, if they had a different brand name i would have, k-mart bought sears btw
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Other way around- Sears bought kmart.
    Kmart pretty much collapsed. Almost every store around Dallas/Ft. Worth closed.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You're right. Pretty "dark" days for the Sears/K-mart hybrid, I'm afraid. Bit of nostalgia here because I can't remember a time without Sears! But I may have to get used to one! I remember when the last Woolworth's in NYC closed its doors.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,337
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It is a dark day when a name like Nakamichi appears on low budget headphones at K-mart and Sears; and inferior 'nanner plugs sold on ebay. Where is the pride in a name?
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601