MM6 enclosure!

mekanism
mekanism Posts: 27
edited February 2004 in Custom Fabrication
I was wondering if it would be better to make an enclosure for the mid drivers or just have it free? If it would be better to make an enclosure what would be the best volume? Thanks!
THERE IS NO END TO CHERRY
Post edited by mekanism on

Comments

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited December 2003
    i'd put them in factory locations, i have the woofers from my set in my rear deck and i'm very happy with the response from them :D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited December 2003
    theyd be better off running in enclosures
    but i have mine running free air and they sound fine, id put them in enclosures, but id be too much work, as far as air space, call polk, see what they recommend
    -Cody
  • mekanism
    mekanism Posts: 27
    edited December 2003
    I finally got the front left speaker in the factory location by glueing 4 3/4 MDF speaker rings together, then sanded it to give me the desired angle. The MM6's are so big I had to have them stick out of the door quite a bit. They are free air right now but I plannned on sealing the back somehow. Anyway thanks for the help, I will give Polk a call regarding the volume if it should be enclosed.
    THERE IS NO END TO CHERRY
  • TheAudioSpectru
    TheAudioSpectru Posts: 57
    edited February 2004
    That sounds pretty wild...make sure you let us know how they sound enclosed...