CSi3 (center speaker)

Options
Buster
Buster Posts: 11
edited December 2003 in Speakers
Iam looking to get a new Polk Audio center speaker. Is the CSi3 center speaker a good speaker for listening to music and watching movies. I think that it is a good speaker but i just wanted to talk to other people who have that speaker. So tell me if it is a good one to get.
Post edited by Buster on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2003
    Options
    If you are into the new RTi series, then the I would suggest getting the CSi5. It is the replacement for the CSi40. The CSi3(CSi30) is a solid performer, but I would go as large as possible for the center channel. It carries the most information in a 5.1+ format.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Buster
    edited December 2003
    Options
    right now i am only looking at the CSi3 and the CSi30. what would u suggest for me to get. to listen to music and watch movies.
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2003
    Options
    I would get the CSi30, based on its lower price and availability. You can also get the rest of the line, previous RTi, at discount prices. The new RTi line is pushing larger retail prices now, and will continue for some time.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Buster
    edited December 2003
    Options
    well where i live the CSi3 is cheater then the CSi30 by $10. So that is why i was asking what to get. What is the real difference between the CSi3 and the CSi30. On the web site they almost look the same.
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2003
    Options
    That is certainly suprising on the price issue. Make sure that if you do buy it, that you "should" also match the rest with the newer style. If they are cheaper, then go all new.

The new RTi speakers sport a Vifa brand dome tweeter. The previous RTi runs a silk/polymer dome. I think they both sound great, I prefer the new tweeter....but you should try and listen to both, since they are both in house.

The new line is a little more "industrial" looking to me, but I like it.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Aesthetics for the first thing. The 30 has the wood look on all sides, where the 3 has the silver facing that the new line is all sporting. I don't know if every speaker in the new line is using the Vifa tweet or not, but if so, from a matching perspective you should look at the old 30 depending on what your other speakers are.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Buster
    edited December 2003
    Options
    well i have older speakers and i should get new ones but ill wait a little bit. then get a little at a time. ill look in to the CSi3 and CSi 30 a little more. thanks for your help. when iam done ill have a polk audio :) thanks again.