SDA Listening!!!

madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited December 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
OK,
The thing that keeps me coming back here. (other than the people). Over the holidays I've spent quite a few evenings with the SDA's and tubes. (SDA-SRS, like the 1.2's). There is no experience like it. Pay whatever you want but you won't be smiling and be in the same mood as you are after this combination. It is just like going to some live venues every evening. I just don't know what else to say. I am on beer number 2 but I think my opinions are still valid. After #4 I can't make any promises. Previously with the LSi's I still felt like I was listening to a stereo. With the SDA's I am to the point of sitting down with a complaining neigher (it is after 9PM) and believe he will understand why I am still playing loud stuff. There is just no other comparison I can imagine when it comes to the SDA's. Which leads me to my next question, When is Polk going to get back in the SDA business??
madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited December 2003
    Madmax,

I agree with you that the sda experience is something to behold. It will take a natural dissaster for my to part with my SRS's. Unfortunately, time moves on and the buzz is 5.1 surround or more. I doubt speakers like the SDA's would sell today.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2003
    I've recently purchased some of what is for sale today and believe me, you would rather have SDA's.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    edited December 2003
    I couldn't agree more, there's nothing like a pair of SDA's!!!

As for 5.1 and all the other excuses.....there are ALOT of speaker companies that offer high-end 2 channel only speakers and they sell. There is no reason why Polk can't come back out with an updated SDA speaker.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited December 2003
    Well I know I would be interested and it sounds like you both would be as well.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2003
    Who says SDA's are for 2 ch only? Quite a few of us use them in our HT's and the way they blend in is fantastic.

My SRS's are my HT anchors and still rock when I use an apparently little known AVP mode... "stereo". :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD