speakers and amp

saqib
saqib Posts: 6
edited December 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Im planning on getting the INFINITY KAPPA 693.5i and the MM6. ill get a seperate amp for the sub.

are the speakers a good choice? Ive heard alot about the MM6 so im pretty sure about those. but what about the 6x9?

and should i get a 4channel amp or 2 smaller amps for these? I have a pioneer 7500MP deck btw.... and sony xplod speakers that are going to be gone soon hopefully.
Post edited by saqib on

Comments

• saqib
    saqib Posts: 6
    edited November 2003
    heh.... i actually might get CDT components instead.

some people tell me that 6x9 speakers are no good. why is that?

how are us acoustic amps btw? they seem to have a pretty good price.

USX2100 Amplifier - 100x2 @ 4ohm
    USX4065 Amplifier - 65x4 @ 4ohm

which of these would be better? i can get both for pretty much the same price. so if i do get a 6x9 in the back (to replace sony) then should i get the USX4065? would it underpower the cl-61 which has an rms rating of i think 90W?

if someone has MSN messanger and has knowledge about car audio then could i please add you so i can chat about my speaker and amp decision, i need to decide asap.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited November 2003
    well, people may say 6x9's suck for a few reasons
    1. theyre oval, so they dont have as good sound quality
    2. i dont use them if i have subs, b/c theyre made to produce highs and lows, and if you have bass from the sub, then all you need is highs, so you can get a round coaxial thatll be cheaper and sound better
    3. they might have never heard a good 6x9
    ive seen us acoustics in crutchfield, but have never seen them in real life, and no one i know has ever used them or have any knowledge about them
    but they do put up pretty good numbers and have a 3yr warranty
    if you put the mm6s up front, and you go with us acoustics, get an amp rated somewhere from 150-225watts x2 @ 4 ohms
    200 being ideal
    then get an amp that matches the rms rating of the cdt's
    i dont have MSN, but my aim/aol s/n is sntnpirate1316
    -Cody
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2003
    Id stay away from oval speakers too if you can help it. Oval cones are not as rigid as a round one and so they tend to distort easier at higher output. The only reason manufactuers use them is to make more bass in a sub-less system. Its not a problem tho as they have adapter kits so you can fit a 6 1/2 anywhere you have a 6x9. You never see a competition system using 6x9s.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing