The New Polk RTi12'a

Options
pharoah_35
pharoah_35 Posts: 4
edited November 2003 in Speakers
Good afternoon Ladies & Gents

I just wanted to add my comments concerning new New RTi12's.
I just recently picked up a pair of the RTi12's from CC

My current setup:

Sony DA3 ES (110w per ch x 7)
Polk RTi12 (Front) Black/Silver
JBL P250 (Sub)
JBL Center II (Center)
Infinity PSB12 (Rear)

I have been at CC for most of the day listening to the RTi12's
with various media i.e. Jazz Music, Rock, Pop and movies and I got to say that these speakers are AWESOME !!!. The clarity and fullness is just amazing. So after hanging out in CC listening to these things for a couple of hours, I just had to buy them.

They have a special now, a set of the RTi12's with a free sub (Polk 202s). $689.00 per speaker. But you can just get the RTi12's without the sub if you already have one and save $200.00. If you are interested you should hurry doen to CC. I don't know when this special will expire. But I tell you this. If you are a music lover like me, you will absolutly LOVE the RTi12's.
GREAT JOB POLK.....

Just my opinion, I hope it helps.

Pharoah35
Post edited by pharoah_35 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,880
    edited November 2003
    Options
    So, if you buy the speakers without the sub, you save $200.00? Seems to me that the "free" sub costs $200.00, eh!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pharoah_35
    pharoah_35 Posts: 4
    edited November 2003
    Options
    F1nut

Actually the set of RTi12's were $1,399.00 which included a free 202 sub. $699.00 per speaker.

I was able to arrange to have the cost of the free sub deducted from the price of $1,399.00 after esplaining to the sales rep that I had already had a sub.

He then noted that he could deduct the price of the sub. Thus the transaction concluded as follows. 1 speaker at full price of $699.00 and the second speaker at $500.00 total $1,200.00
    and a savings of $200.00

I am sure that this applies to everyong to has a similiar situation such as mine of already having a sub. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Pharoah35
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,880
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Fuzzy Math ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dan t
    dan t Posts: 206
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Before you know it, the RTi12's will be selling for $700-800 a pair.

Dan
  • Telemundo
    Telemundo Posts: 45
    edited November 2003
    Options
    have u guys checked out the Polk's website's promotion? The reason i'm telling you guys this is that...Polk is actually having a deal that for EVERY $500 you spent, they'll give u a free sub(PSW202). So technically, if you buy the RTi12s, you should get $400 off. Sorry to burst your bubble guys....but u didnt get the best deal at Circuit City.
    BTW....which receiver/preamp & amp are you running those RTi12s with? They do recommend those with the power of 50-500 watts. You wont get the all the juice out of it with anything less than 200 watts. Enjoy the new gear
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Hey, its Pharoah's money. He wanted it from CC for either convenience or just because he felt like it. Yea, there is a cheaper price somewhere, somehow, but when does that end? When the RTi's are being cleared out like an ugly stepchild....3 years from now? :rolleyes:

He has stated that its performance is above and beyond expectations, with his <200wpc Sony DA3ES....should we start bashing his gear now also?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Telemundo
    Telemundo Posts: 45
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I'm not bashing on his gear. I wanted the RTi12s also, but just that i also been looking around for it too with different setup combos that gets the best juice out of it. Just that if he said he's spent the whole day listening to them, he might as well get the best deal possible. hey Pharoah, enjoy the new gear....no bashing intended.
    BTW....which speakers did you go with on the surrounds, centers, rears?
    The sony DA3ES is only rated at 110wpc, i thought.