Need Help

Options
beaglehead12
beaglehead12 Posts: 80
edited January 2013 in Electronics
I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the onkyo prsc 5509? Well anyway, when I set up the machine with 2 subwoofers through the 2 dedicated sub outs and set it on the menu for dual subs. It still only reads in the on screen info button as .1 meaning 1 sub. When I set the machine for pure audio or direct the info reads 2.2 reading 2 subs. Both subs are working and both subs did ping when going through audyssey. I just find it a little strange that the machine is not recognizing the second sub in any other listening modes. Anyone have any output on this. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited January 2013
    Options
    i believe it is because the subs are receiving an identical signal, as the receiver doesnt process the dedicated bass channel in stereo, reading the lit. for my yamaha and my HK this was what i found, no expirience with Onk thogh so i cant say for sure
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yeah I think if your incoming signal is 5.1 or 7.1 it's just like having an internal splitter but its still a .1 signal, and if you're in stereo mode it can do .2 because you're sending your lower left and right frequencies to each sub separately. Not 100% but that'd be my guess.