I need a Sub. Please help me make a decision

Options
Sydney's Dad
Sydney's Dad Posts: 98
edited November 2003 in Speakers
I'm looking for a nice sub to compliment my system. I have a pair of Polk RT20p's (fronts), a pair of RTI38's (fronts) and the Polk center and rear speakers to match the RT20p's (forgot the models), all powered by a Sony DA777ES receiver.

Wondering if I should go with a couple of Polk PSW505's or a single SVS PB2-Plus

I don't want to over power the front mains and I use the system for 75 /25 music to movies. The size of my room is 32 x17

Any recommedations would be appreciated.
Sony 53" TV
Sony DA777ES Receiver
Sony SCD-C55ES CD/SACD
Sony DVP-NS755V DVD
Sony 4-TA-N55ES Amplifers
Front 2 pair Polk RTi150
Center Polk CSi40
Rear Polk RTi70
Sub SVS PC+ & Infinity BL-2

Post edited by Sydney's Dad on

Comments

• Sydney's Dad
    Sydney's Dad Posts: 98
    edited November 2003
    Options
    No help?

Well I just purchased a SVS 20-39 pci. Hope i like it.
    Sony 53" TV
    Sony DA777ES Receiver
    Sony SCD-C55ES CD/SACD
    Sony DVP-NS755V DVD
    Sony 4-TA-N55ES Amplifers
    Front 2 pair Polk RTi150
    Center Polk CSi40
    Rear Polk RTi70
    Sub SVS PC+ & Infinity BL-2

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2003
    Options
    That's a nice sub.

A thread already existed with the review, of that subwoofer. Danger Boy owns that model. The search function will find alot of SVS threads.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2003
    Options
    havent seen a bad review for any svs yet.
    i'm sure you'll be fine
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites