newest MOMO subs

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited November 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
so I was looking through the new Crutchfield magazine, and i saw that the polk/momo subs have been redesigned again! i noticed that these newest subs were cheaper and their RMS power rating was only 400 watts max! but they also had a 8" and 15" size available! what gives? and why aren't these new subs shown on the polk/momo website? and is their power rating really lower? i hope the brand isn't going soft!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    dude --- you're confused.

polk isn't going soft, they're COMING BACK HARD.

the "current" momo's (the 10 with 400 rms / 800 max -- and 12 with 500 rms / 1000 max) with the yellow arrow are still being made... they may repaint them in the coming future, but they're still going to be made...

the "new" momo's you saw are a "mid line" speaker being added to the lineup.

personally... i'm glad to see them... i'm not a fan of the current 10/12 momo and i always liked the old polk DB and DX subs much better... these new subs are kind of a throwback to that type of woofer and i'm very glad to see it -- there was a big hole in the audio market for a GOOD sounding tight SQ sub that could take 3 and 4 hundred watts... polk used to fill it, then they stopped... now they're back in it... and i'm glad to see it.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge