12V Trigger for Denon 3802 Answered?

Options
scornful
scornful Posts: 272
edited November 2003 in Speakers
I've asked before with no responses... I was looking for a way to trigger outboard amps with my Denon 3802, which doesnt have a 12V trigger output. I came up with this:

If the amp you want does not have autosensing for the RCA's, just use a DC converter with the correct voltage output plugged into the switched outlet of your receiver.

How's this sound to some of you guys?
Denon 3802
B&K 7270
Outlaw ICBM
Behringer DSP1124P
Samson S1000
SVS 20-39CS+ (x2)
RTi150's
CSi40
FXi30's
RTi38's
Win Vista HTPC
InFocus 4805 ~100" Screen
Post edited by scornful on

Comments

• warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Scornful, I have a Niles (AC-3) switcher that I don't use anymore. Below is the link for the Niles. Basically, you run the trigger out of your Denon into the Niles. You can plug two units into the swich and one other unit that is not switched. I will sell it for $30.00 if interested or if you have any questions let me know. I used it with my Lexicon DC2 and it worked great. Good luck! Jeff
  • scornful
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the response. Hate to say it but you have it backwards, or I didnt describe what I was doing very well. I dont have a 12V trigger... I was searching for other alternatives. Your Niles would be good for turning on the rest of the system, like say DVD, TV etc with a receiver that has a 12V trigger though. Thanks!

BTW, I answered my own question. Apparently I was on the right track, as Outlaw Audio has the exact same sugestion here . Page 8, paragraph 3...

I do beleive I am going to get a pair of M200 monoblocks from Outlaw. Give em a try and see how the RTi150's sound with a little power. If I like the sound (and I'm sure I will) I'll probably wind up getting 7 more some time in the future for the entire setup, bi-amping the 150's with 2 monoblocks each.
    Denon 3802
    B&K 7270
    Outlaw ICBM
    Behringer DSP1124P
    Samson S1000
    SVS 20-39CS+ (x2)
    RTi150's
    CSi40
    FXi30's
    RTi38's
    Win Vista HTPC
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Sorry, I misundestood. I have the same situation in my family room with a Denon. I bought a Sears Craftsmen adapter. It is made for their Power tools. It sells for $20.00. You plug your receiver into it and it has outlets for 2 other plugs. I have my TV plugged into it. One you turn on your reciever it automatically turns on the TV. I don't know the model number but it is in the Sears tool department. Let me know if you can't find it and I will get behind the TV and look for a model number.
  • scornful
    edited November 2003
    Options
    This is actually what I was thinking of Adapter. The 1500mA concerns me a bit though. Have to be sure the amps dont pull more than that... never mind the M200 pulls 4mA. This would do nicely to switch up to ~375 of em! lol
    Denon 3802
    B&K 7270
    Outlaw ICBM
    Behringer DSP1124P
    Samson S1000
    SVS 20-39CS+ (x2)
    RTi150's
    CSi40
    FXi30's
    RTi38's
    Win Vista HTPC
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I had the same problem with my B&K Ref 10 preamp. This unit has a 12volt trigger but with low current output. It will only trigger a B&K power amp. It will not trigger any other power amp. What a piece of **** from B&K. This amp sounds nice but the things they engineered are just plain stupid. They don't give you a swiched 120 volt outlet either. Try using the FM stations presents. Every preamp I have ever seen lets the numbers on the remote be present FM stations. Not B&K. Go figure. I had to use a cheap Sony amp to trigger my power amp on with my remote. WTF! I have complained before about the engineers at B&K and the ACID trip they are on. I'll sell this Ref 10 for $500. Any offers? I use it only for stereo. Good sound bad ergomonics.