Earthquake phd3

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited November 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey guys, i'm just wondering about an amp i bought secondhand, it says earthquake on the top and has PHd3 on the side of it. Also it has some stars on the right hand side of the earthquake logo (15 in total) and stripes on the right (5 in total) it has grey paint. I bought it for about $500 cause the guy said it was awesome for spl, i'm not sure how it will go power my mm120 sub. What do u guys think? is it powerful enough? i can't seem to find this amp on earthquakes web-site.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited November 2003
    Going to make the judgment on your car audio "expertise" (and i use the word lightly here) and say you're a newbie from two facts... one you're name is xplod. Learn this quickly my friend, Sony car audio sucks, everyone who looks past hype and pays attention to specs and realworld performance knows this and will say it freely, and you'd be hard pressed to find one person in this forum who feels otherwise. Basically Sony is the Bose of car audio, overpriced ****. 2nd you bought earthquake. it'll be a decent spl sub from the power standpoint alone. in general they do put out a hell of a lot of power, however the power is even dirtier than mtx. so while you'll get a lot of movement from your subs, the amp exerts very little controll over them and it'll sound VERY sloppy. no offense but yours is the kind of system that i hear go by and wince cause the horendious sound quality pains me.

Stick around bud, read everything that is posted here. we'll learn ya and before long you'll know what you need to know to put together a system that will get some real respect :D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.