D3

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited November 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey guys, i'm just wondering about an amp i bought secondhand, it says earthquake on the top and has PHd3 on the side of it. Also it has some stars on the right hand side of the earthquake logo (15 in total) and stripes on the right (5 in total) it has grey paint. I bought it for about $500 cause the guy said it was awesome for spl, i'm not sure how it will go power my mm120 sub. What do u guys think? is it powerful enough? i can't seem to find this amp on earthquakes web-site.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited November 2003
    call earthquake, if i remember right, that amp puts out about 3000 watts
    that sub will be toast in 3 seconds
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited November 2003
    What do you mean you can't find it? It's right here:

http://www.earthquakesound.com/newpage54.htm
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited November 2003
    wow, i was right, how good a brand is earthquake john?
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited November 2003
    Defintly loud. When I first heard of them, they made some huge waves in IASCA because they booted the record holders Kicker and Rockford Fosgate off of the podium. Thier subs are super beefy but not really accurate. The equipment is geared towards SPL and you can see it when looking at the pictures of the subs and amps. They were never really known (and still aren't) for anything other than boom. But they do do boom extremely well. I remember seeing an Earthquake demo vehicle. It was a Chevy van loaded to the gills with subs and batteries and stuff. When they started playing sine wave test tones, that van was literally shaking the ground I was standing on...~100 feet away.

As far as sound quality goes, well that is the sacrifice they made for loud. For your average kid who just wants boom, they are loud and fairly inexpensive. Ask anything more than boom from them though and they fall short. Very muddy bass and a very peaky response.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2003
    Ok thx guys, i saw the pic at the earthquake site but for some reason i think the one i have is abit different. it has engravings on the top. from all the other amps i haven't seen engravings. wtf is going on? is this a doggy rip off or something?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing