Digital terminator for digital outputs?

audio_alanaudio_alan Posts: 770
edited January 2013 in 2 Channel Audio
Has anyone tried a "digital terminator" on their CD/SACD player?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Enhancer-For-SACD-CD-Player-/121021072679?pt=US_Audio_Cable_Plugs_Jacks&hash=item1c2d6b0527

Any opinions on how well they work?
Post edited by audio_alan on

Comments

• zingozingo Audiophile Posts: 11,829
    edited January 2013
    I know that jumping analog outputs is a bad idea because you are sending the output voltage back into the unit, and I would assume the same is true with a digital output. It may work for the inputs, but since the seller suggests using them on the output, I wouldn't trust him unless I'm missing something...
  • doctor rdoctor r Posts: 802
    edited January 2013
    My Lector DCP came with a "digital terminator" installed and instructions to keep it in place when using the analog outputs. I have not experimented with it removed so I cannot comment on if there is any true sonic benefit.
    VAC Renaissance mk5
    Ayre VX-5/20
    Ayre QX-5/20
    Origin Live Resolution Mk3-2 with LSC
    Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum
    Ortofon Windfeld Ti
    Adona Eris 6dw
    Spendor D9
    Luminous Synestra Sig SC
    Audience AU24 SX XLRs
    Audience aR6-TSSD
  • FTGVFTGV Posts: 3,648
    edited January 2013
    Save your $20.They are just shunting the digital output to ground through a $.02 resistor.How this will improve the analog outputs is sheer audio mysticism IMO .
  • audio_alanaudio_alan Posts: 770
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, I wasn't placing too much faith in it doing a whole lot. I don't hear people raving about it, so I think I'll just skip it. I was more curious to see if anyone had tried it and was like "YES, DO IT!" :eek: haha