RTA15tl's up and running....

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited November 2003 in Speakers
Replacement tweets are in route from Polk, the ones in there now have some small dents - but still seem to sound ok.

I had to replace 4 6503's, the vc's weren't seized - just rubbing (thanks to UPS no doubt).

Setup on a single Rotel RB960bx with a Nad 502 cd, Adcom SLC-505 Passive preamp, Tributaries and MIT on the cable end. Actually, once they go to their 'final' setup spot, I'll add a second Rotel 960, and run them bridged mono.

Just wanted to share...

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    edited November 2003
    Options
    NICE!! Are those oak or cherry?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Cherry, and thanks.

Don't want to forget, BIG thanks to Hoosier for the great deal, and Dorokusai and Hoosier for coming up with the 'spare' 6503's.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Congrats Russ. I have 2 pair and love the sound. To me they image way better than the 11's and I prefer them over the SDA 2b's. Please let us know your opinion after you listen to them for a while. Enjoy! Jeff
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Glad to hear that they are singing again....I can't wait to hear them bridged with the Rotels :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Looking good Russ. You must have a cool wife to let you set up in her living room like that. Looks like she has her priorities straight!

P.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words brothas.

The wife wholly supports my hobbies, so I've never had any issues on *that* front. She appreciates good music as much as any of us do.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2003
    Options
    lookin' good, man, lookin' GOOD!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Olanen
    Olanen Posts: 45
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Nice looking RTA's...
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I concur, those look like some sweet speaks!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Russ,

Congrats on the rta's, you are gonna love em. I am finally able to listen to mine again as of yesterday. My best friend that I am doing some work for gave me a jvc hifi vcr, and a jvc prologic receiver to get me through until I can afford a dd unit. He just bought a onkyo tx sr600 and man does it sound awsome, his mains are the eosone rf1000 with the powered dual 10 inch subs in each cab. and man can he move the house with those puppys.

I am quite surprised at the difference the jvc has made in them and cannot wait to see how they will sound when I can finally power them with some serious wattage. Wish I could venture down to hear yours but it may be a while before I will able to do so, and its always cool to know that there is another bro with some rta's to share info with. Now ... go kick back with a cold one and enjoy those bad boys.

Cheers,
    Mike
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen a pair of those. Very nice. Look like they can really crank out the tunes.