Clarity Cap ESA
Mundorf Mox

Midbass/Woofer Network -
Clarity Cap SA
Mundorf Mox

Point to point wiring
Fortress plates
Upgraded binding post
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• Slinger182
    Slinger182 Posts: 512
    edited January 2013
    Options
    That's my crossover. I've had em hooked up since Saturday. They sound great. I'm looking forward to them breaking in. I've got at least 15 hours on them so far. I can tell they have opened up some already.

I'm probably 60/40 HT to 2 channel. The improvements to my speakers is much more noticeable when I'm listening to music but there is definitely improvements for HT as well. So far I've noticed the highs being a little more laid back and a much better mid-bass and bass response. Everything is a little more pronounced or dynamic. There is also an improvement in the sound stage.

Trey has been awesome to deal with. Originally I planned on doing the upgrade myself with his DIY kit. With a lot of help from Trey I was able to do the castle upgrade to my CS20 speaker. I sent numerous emails to him asking for help and advice and he was always more than willing to help. My experience with this kind of stuff is quite limited to say the least.

I attempted to do the DIY fortress upgrade to the crossovers for my TSi 500s with a ton of help from Trey via emails. I got one of them completely put together but wasn't getting any sound from the speaker after reinstalling the crossover. After trying for a few hours to troubleshoot the problem with some tips from Trey. I decided it would be best to send him the crossover and to repair the crossover I started and build the other crossover.

I sent him the parts and had the crossovers back in 7 days. Trey said I had a couple shotty connections causing problems with the one that I had started.

Needless to say I highly recommend using Trey if you plan on going the DIY route or having him do the work. His prices seem reasonable and he does excellent work.

Thanks again Trey

Brian
    Panny 55-st30 plasma
    Pioneer vsx-1121
    Parasound 2100 pre
    b&k tx4430 amp
    Oppo bdp-83
    Monster HTS 3500
    polk TSi500s Vr3 Fortress modded
    polk CS20 center channel Vr3 Castle modded
    polk Owm 3 surrounds
    polk PSW505
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited January 2013
    Options
    No Brian, Thank you for the opportunity and thank you for the kind words!

Enjoy!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • logan1321
    logan1321 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey I am wondering how much it would be to get you to build tsi 500 speaker crossovers for me? Please email me at logan_1321@hotmail.com
  • Mj62
    Mj62 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have two pairs of the TSI 500 I'm looking for someone to upgrade my crossovers as I think the mid-range and the Tweeter section is to scratchy and washed out any recommendations?
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    I am no longer modifying the TSi series at this time

When did you hear this change in sound quality?
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,684
    edited January 2022
    Options
    y0ac2ajea6fb.jpg

The TSi Mids suffer from the same problem the vintage MWs do with their stamped steel baskets. Butyl mat also fixes the midrange on these. BTDT
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.