Wiring issue 2 momo 12's

x_projectneon_x
x_projectneon_x Posts: 1
edited December 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a crossfire 1000d amp and 2 Momo 12's. My amp only puts out 500 watts at a 2 ohm load is there a way to wire these up to get a 1 ohm load since my amp puts out 1000 watts rms at 1 ohm?
Post edited by x_projectneon_x on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited November 2003
    youd have to get more subs, so it wouldnt work
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    you will need a Flux Capacitor and some Plutonium Diodes.

... these can be found at www.mcfly.com
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    you will need a Flux Capacitor and some Plutonium Diodes.

... these can be found at www.mcfly.com
    lmao...
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2003
    hey - Huey Lewis and the News...

"They say that all in love is fair - ya but you don't care... you'll know what to do when it get's hold of you, and with a little help from above... you'll feel the power of love...."

"Gotta go back in time.... doot doot doot... Gotta go back in time... doot doot doot."
  • ilikeboyz
    ilikeboyz Posts: 30
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by sntnsupermen131
    youd have to get more subs, so it wouldnt work
    vr1000d?, bmf1000d?...both of those amps will put out upwards of 750w at 2ohms...should be a better match than you originally thought
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by ilikeboyz
    vr1000d?, bmf1000d?...both of those amps will put out upwards of 750w at 2ohms...should be a better match than you originally thought

You did not answer the question and it seems that you have quoted the wrong post.

The question was: "My amp only puts out 500 watts at a 2 ohm load is there a way to wire these up to get a 1 ohm load since my amp puts out 1000 watts rms at 1 ohm?"

To which the answer was simply that to gain the 1 ohm load, he would have to install additional subs.

Your post has chastised sntnsupermen131 for something he never said.

That is all independant of the rated vs. actual power you have quoted. It applies but is not the answer to the question that was asked. It was good information and certainly welcomed but don't start posting without thinking about what you are posting about. It's a good way to get people pissed off at you.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ilikeboyz
    ilikeboyz Posts: 30
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by Jstas
    You did not answer the question and it seems that you have quoted the wrong post.

The question was: "My amp only puts out 500 watts at a 2 ohm load is there a way to wire these up to get a 1 ohm load since my amp puts out 1000 watts rms at 1 ohm?"

To which the answer was simply that to gain the 1 ohm load, he would have to install additional subs.

Your post has chastised sntnsupermen131 for something he never said.

That is all independant of the rated vs. actual power you have quoted. It applies but is not the answer to the question that was asked. It was good information and certainly welcomed but don't start posting without thinking about what you are posting about. It's a good way to get people pissed off at you.
    bring it...i was simply stating that the amp that he owns now seeing a 2 ohm load is not a far cry from the 1000w he is looking for...plain and simple ....maybe i should of told him to buy a flux capacitator:rolleyes:
  • delvryboy
    delvryboy Posts: 62
    edited December 2003
    bring it...i was simply stating that the amp that he owns now seeing a 2 ohm load is not a far cry from the 1000w he is looking for...plain and simple ....maybe i should of told him to buy a flux capacitator
    Post ****

2003 MECA M2/MR2/DB1 IL State Record Holder/Champion

CarAudioForum
    SoundIllusionsNetwork
    CarAudioTalk
  • Jstas
    edited December 2003
    Bring what? You can tell him to get whatever you want to. But if you are going to offer an answer to a question, you'd better make sure you are talking to the right person and that you are answering a question that was asked. Advice is a different story. However, the question deal wasn't my issue. The issue is that you quoted sntnsupermen131 but your rather stinging advice was in reference to x_projectneon_x's post.

If you can't play nice then take your ball and go the hell home.

• delvryboy
    edited December 2003
    Bring what? You can tell him to get whatever you want to. But if you are going to offer an answer to a question, you'd better make sure you are talking to the right person and that you are answering a question that was asked. Advice is a different story. However, the question deal wasn't my issue. The issue is that you quoted sntnsupermen131 but your rather stinging advice was in reference to x_projectneon_x's post.

If you can't play nice then take your ball and go the hell home.
    nice way to treat a newb.....i have offered the most valid advice on this thread

i apoligize for quoting the wrong individual
    Post ****

CarAudioForum
    SoundIllusionsNetwork
    CarAudioTalk
  • delvryboy
    edited December 2003
    but your rather stinging advice was in reference to
    how was my advice stinging?

crossfire amps are heavily underrated at 12V....being ran at 2ohms is a very decent setup for the subs he is using
    Post ****

CarAudioForum
    SoundIllusionsNetwork
    CarAudioTalk
  • Jstas
    edited December 2003
    Newb? Did you say in another tread that you were going to...how did it go..."i think i shall remain here on the polk forums to enlighten the newbs"

You're pretty freaking arrogant and whether you see it or not, it comes through in every post you have made so far.

It seems that you have appraoched every thread you have responded in with confrontation.

You and your attitude are not needed here and after the display you and your friends put on, you're not welcome either.

• delvryboy
    edited December 2003
    Newb? Did you say in another tread that you were going to...how did it go..."i think i shall remain here on the polk forums to enlighten the newbs"

You're pretty freaking arrogant and whether you see it or not, it comes through in every post you have made so far.

It seems that you have appraoched every thread you have responded in with confrontation.

You and your attitude are not needed here and after the display you and your friends put on, you're not welcome either.
    the only confrontation in this thread comes from you

please....no more personal attacks....if you feel the need for it...there is already an 8 page thread full of them....do it there...not here

pm/email/im...no need in wasting space here
    Post ****

CarAudioForum
    SoundIllusionsNetwork
    CarAudioTalk
  • Jstas
    edited December 2003
    Loose the "holier-than-thou" attitude, sparky.

• delvryboy
    edited December 2003
    Loose the "holier-than-thou" attitude, sparky.
    you obviously don't know when to quit....i will not degrade this thread any furthur....i will leave that up to you
    Post ****

CarAudioForum
    SoundIllusionsNetwork
    CarAudioTalk
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited December 2003
    go deliver a pizza or something... if its not there in 30 minutes they get their money back so u better move.

the flux capacitor remark was posted AFTER cody had informed him that he would require more subs to drop the impedance of his setup down to 1 ohm... having seen that a good valid answer was already placed to the guy's question, i saw no harm in putting up something quirky that i felt everyone, including the original question "asker" would get a laugh out of -- it was not to insult him, just give him a laugh.

i just wonder why the same guy has like 2 or 3 or whatever "user names" and posts the same comment under 2 different names... sounds squirrelly to me.

here's hopin darwinism weeds you out.
  • delvryboy
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    go deliver a pizza or something... if its not there in 30 minutes they get their money back so u better move.

the flux capacitor remark was posted AFTER cody had informed him that he would require more subs to drop the impedance of his setup down to 1 ohm... having seen that a good valid answer was already placed to the guy's question, i saw no harm in putting up something quirky that i felt everyone, including the original question "asker" would get a laugh out of -- it was not to insult him, just give him a laugh.

i just wonder why the same guy has like 2 or 3 or whatever "user names" and posts the same comment under 2 different names... sounds squirrelly to me.

here's hopin darwinism weeds you out.
    i have no intentions of attacking you personally....and i also have no reason to hide behind a false user name....and i didn't mean any harm in the FC comment...i just wanted to inform the original poster of the actual ratings of the amp he currently owns
    Post ****

CarAudioForum
    SoundIllusionsNetwork
    CarAudioTalk
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited December 2003
    fair enough
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by delvryboy
    the only confrontation in this thread comes from you

Actually the confrontation origionally came when you said Cody was wrong even though your point was completely unrelated to his post... hell, maybe i'm wrong about that and have no clue about sequence of events and all the money spent for college has gone for naught...

now where'd I put that Flux Capacitor...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • delvryboy
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by MTXMAN
    Actually the confrontation origionally came when you said Cody was wrong even though your point was completely unrelated to his post... hell, maybe i'm wrong about that and have no clue about sequence of events and all the money spent for college has gone for naught...

now where'd I put that Flux Capacitor...
    actually....if you reread the original post, you will find that it is 2-part...first problem is that his amp only puts out 500w and he is looking for 1000w....the second part asks if there is a way for him to rewire his subs for a 1ohm load...which was answered

i simply added...to back up his first and original problem....that his amp has been proven by numerous tests both by manufacturer and competitor to put out over 20% more power....thats all....he has a rock solid amp and i wanted to coment on that

i don't recall telling Cody that he was wrong in his answer to this thread
    Post ****

CarAudioForum
    SoundIllusionsNetwork
    CarAudioTalk
  • MTXMAN
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by delvryboy
    i don't recall telling Cody that he was wrong in his answer to this thread

Look at who you quoted in your original post in this thread. You implied that his advice was invalid or wrong based by your reply to his post.
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • delvryboy
    edited December 2003
    Look at who you quoted in your original post in this thread. You implied that his advice was invalid or wrong based by your reply to his post.
    reread the whole thing...lol;) i meant to quote x_projectneon_x but quoted cody by mistake....thats when jstas jumped all over my azz
    Post ****

CarAudioForum
    SoundIllusionsNetwork
    CarAudioTalk
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    "Fighting over the internet is like running in the special olympics, you might win, but you're still retarded"
    -Cody
  • delvryboy
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by sntnsupermen131
    "Fighting over the internet is like running in the special olympics, you might win, but you're still retarded"
    -Cody
    i quit:D
    Post ****

CarAudioForum
    SoundIllusionsNetwork
    CarAudioTalk
  • MTXMAN
    edited December 2003
    YAY I WIN!!!!

YAY I GET TO SEE AIR BUD!!!!!

YAY I CAN BRING TWO OF MY FRIENDS!!!!

How much are 5000 tickets mister??

YAY I CAN BRING TWO OF MY FRIENDS YAY!!!!!!!!!

My life philosophy:
    If you can't laugh at yourself, everyone else will ;D
  • delvryboy
    edited December 2003
    YAY I WIN!!!!

YAY I GET TO SEE AIR BUD!!!!!

YAY I CAN BRING TWO OF MY FRIENDS!!!!

How much are 5000 tickets mister??

YAY I CAN BRING TWO OF MY FRIENDS YAY!!!!!!!!!

My life philosophy:
    If you can't laugh at yourself, everyone else will ;D
    sir

there will be no movie viewing award givin'

all you recieve is (1) bozo button:D
    Post ****

CarAudioForum
    SoundIllusionsNetwork
    CarAudioTalk
  • MTXMAN
    edited December 2003
    YAY I GET A BOZO BUTTON YAY!!!!!!!!!!

if you're not a fan of crank yankers then the humor of my posts is probably lost on you atm