Is there a way to lock the audio source on a SurroundBAR 6000?

bradnic
bradnic Posts: 3
Hi everyone - new to the forum

I have a Polk SurroundBar 6000 that I'm very happy with. I use it with a Panasonic Viera tv, TiVo and AppleTV. The only problem I continue to have is with my AppleTV remote. I frequently have a problem where pressing AppleTV remote buttons triggers a source change in the Polk sound bar.

Is there any way to lock the source on the sound bar?

thanks
Post edited by bradnic on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited January 2013
    Hi bradnic,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. It might be best to give Polk's CS guys a call at 1-800-377-7655.
    Regards, Ken
  • Hi bradnic,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. It might be best to give Polk's CS guys a call at 1-800-377-7655.
    Regards, Ken

Why do I keep coming across this generic answer??? Why have a forum where a moderator "answers" questions frequently with "call customer service"??? You can't even call this "answering" a question!! I'm trying to search the forum for help with a problem instead of posting a topic/question that's been ask many times already. Most forums ask you to search first as to not clutter the board with the same questions over and over again. Seems other users give more helpful info than manufacturer.

Is there a way to lock the input sorce? Or do I need to call customer service? That's the reply I keep finding after searching this problem???
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    thechad842 wrote: »
    Hi bradnic,
    Regards, Ken

Why do I keep coming across this generic answer??? Why have a forum where a moderator "answers" questions frequently with "call customer service"??? You can't even call this "answering" a question!! I'm trying to search the forum for help with a problem instead of posting a topic/question that's been ask many times already. Most forums ask you to search first as to not clutter the board with the same questions over and over again. Seems other users give more helpful info than manufacturer.

Is there a way to lock the input sorce? Or do I need to call customer service? That's the reply I keep finding after searching this problem???

This "forum" is made up of mostly users of Polk products, we are not Polk employees. If someone can help you they will surely chime in with some advise. In a case like yours a call to CS is probably your best bet.

• bradnic
    Ha. I'm still having this problem 2 years later :s:p
  • [Deleted User]
    Hello,
    Did you ever contact Polk's CS department about this?
    Ken
  • bradnic
    I did when I first posted. there was no way to lock it, unfortunately. seems like it would be a very easy feature to implement in the firmware.
  • [Deleted User]
    Rather than trying to lock the Polk to one source, try erasing any programming instructions that might be causing the Apple's remote to trigger the sound bar. This is done by placing the Polk in the "standby" mode with the LED red. Then push and hold the "learn" button until the LED blinks and turns amber. This would erase any stored remote commands and still leave the unit able to respond to it's remote.