Fx300i's

Options
gnsmith
gnsmith Posts: 2
edited November 2003 in Speakers
Which rear center channel model would be a good match for FX300i's as surrounds? I have RT55's for mains and a CS300 as a front center channel.
Post edited by gnsmith on

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited November 2003
    Options
    CS275, CS175? , CS300 Or the CSi line of the same numbers. For the rear center, you do not need to worry too much about timbre matchin since not much information would be there compared to the front three speakers. How much money are you looking at spending?

I would try to find a CS400, CSi400, or CSi40 for cheap on EBAY and move your CS300 to the rear. Any of the RT/RTi or CS/CSi's should work for that application.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I agree, not super crucial for timbre matching the rear surrounds. It may, MAY, be an issue with 5.1 music....but I can't answer that specifically. HT will be hardly noticeable, if at all, between those lines.

I would try and find a CS400i, and swap it out with your CS300i...use the CS300i for your rear center. That way you have both upgraded and completed your original idea.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.