Marantz

Options
JDOGG
JDOGG Posts: 433
edited November 2003 in Electronics
I'm thinking about getting a Marantz SR-4300, and some RTi70's. Plus i get the free sub, so i'll just stack with my other. Now my question. Is this a quality reciever, i will most likely get a rotel amp later on form ebay, probably the RMB-1075. Or would the Pioneer VSX-41TX be a better reciever till i get the amp? Does any other website sell polk speaker?Besides crutchfield, even though they have a free sub, i would rather save a few bucks.
Panasonic VIERA 46" 1080p plasma
Onkyo TX-SR805
Klipsch RF-7(bi-amped)
Klipsch RF-25
Xbox 360 with HD DVD
Playstation 3
Cobalt Cable
Post edited by JDOGG on

Comments

• howie777
    howie777 Posts: 357
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Just a note, the Marantz SR-4400 is either out or will be very soon. Check their website, it is listed.

I have a Marantz SR-8200 and am very happy with it. Actually I'm sending it back today for some upgrades to get it to the SR-8300 level.

I would not hesitate to go with Marantz if it has all the features you want.

Howie
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited November 2003
    Options
    i have an marantz sr7200 and i am definitely happy with it, marantz is a great brand, i only wish i had their new stuff
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2003
    Options
    as with many great old names from the 70's, marantz suffered through ownership changes (sony superscope bought them, if i recall correctly). many never recovered, but marantz has regained some of its rep...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • howie777
    howie777 Posts: 357
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I should also point out that Kevin Zarow has been a great help in answering my questions about the upgrade I'm getting. I have had nothing but good things to say about their customer support. Although they are very slow with software upgrades on their remotes but those are Philips remotes (pronto based) and that is probalby why. I believe it was Philips that owned 51% of Marantz not Sony. But I could be wrong.

Howie
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited November 2003
    Options
    i was told that denon and marantz are owned by the same company, idk what the big company is though
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2003
    Options
    From 2002:
    Denon Electronics has announced their parent company, Denon, Ltd. (Japan), along with leading Marantz Japan, will become part of a newly formed holding company called D&M Holdings, Inc.

Ripplewood Holdings L.L.C., Denon's largest shareholder, will become the majority shareholding in D&M Holdings, which will be traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE) under TSEII:6799.

Under D&M Holdings, Denon and Marantz will maintain their current corporate structure as separate brands and will continue to operate independently with their existing sales, marketing and distribution channels in place. It is expected that under the direction of D&M Holdings, the two companies will benefit from the sharing of resources including R&D, manufacturing, engineering and purchasing.

D&M's other holdings are McIntosh, Escient, ReplayTV and Rio
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson