subs

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited November 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
i have 2 gnx 104 10's. and a 500 watt bazooka amp. two ?'s. 1st is this a good combo. 2nd are this subs good to put in the back under the seat or not enough air space. any help ?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    edited November 2003
    Options
    they are going in my 2003 hemi under back seat
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited November 2003
    Options
    what are the specs of the gnx's you have?
    4 ohms? how many watts rms?
    whats the specs of the amp at 2 ohms?
    itll say like 500wattsx1 @ 2 ohms...or something like that
    if youre going to down fire them, they need a minimum of 3 inches from the subs to the floor
    if theyre forward firing, then no problem
    as long as the box is made to specs
    if theres not a lot of space, youll have to go sealed...which is best anyways
    -Cody
  • Systems
    edited November 2003
    Options
    NOT SHORE ON THE AMP LOST THE MANUAL .THE SUBS ARE 175CONTINUES. 400 PEAK @ 4 OHM. THINK THE AMP IS A 4 CHANNEL.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited November 2003
    Options
    THE BOX WILL BE FACING UP AT THE SEAT DONT THINK THERE WILL BE 3 INCHES THERE. UMMMM
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    Options
    fire them forward from under the back seat... like if you were sitting in th eback seat, the backs of your calfs would be facing the fronts of the subs. that will do much better than firing them up for down under the seat... least that's my opinion on dealing with a back seat.

were it up to me i'd do 4 10's straight across under the back seat with a small lift block between the seat mount and the seat. seen it done - works well.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I have a 02 Ram and I dont think there is enough room to have the subs firing forward even with a lift block. The area under the rear seat is raised from the floor and you have 2 holes under the driver and passenger seat then the middle part is raised. From the bottom of the seat to the rasied part underneath is only about 4 inches. MTX and Q Logic make boxes that fit under the seats and hold 2 10's. JL Audio makes a box that holds 1 10 but costs an arm and a leg. It will be dificult to downfire a sub bigger than an 8 because at the max there is only 9" in the holes under the seats. With some fancy box building you probably could tho. I didnt want to use any space outside the hole under the passenger rear seat so I built a box to fit in there and fire down but would not go over into the middle area. The biggest I was able to build was only .3 cubit ft and you aint gonna find a 10 that will fit in a box that small. Hell I like to never found an 8 that would!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited November 2003
    Options
    YEP ONLY 2 WAYS IN A DODGE UP OR DOWN NO FORWARD . USE TO HAVE THEM FACING DOWN DIDNT SOUND GOOD TO ME. MAYBE NEED TO GET FREE AIR SUBS SO THEY DONT NEED ALOT OF SPACE. THANK FOR ALL THE REPLIES .
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing