what amp to use?????

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited November 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
hey guys got a question i just got a set of the 15'' polk momo
that just came out what is the best amp to get me that good slammin bass???? (i got the speakers from crutchfield)
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2003
    Since this sub is a single voice coil I would suggest going with a 2 channel ammp and bridging it. 2 channel amps are cheaper than mono amps and while not as effeceint, are cleaner. The MTX Thunder342 is a pretty nice amp. It is 340 watts bridged (at 12 volts which would be about 15% more with the engine running)and has a variable crossover and 18 db bass boost. Thats a lot of nice features and Crutchfield has it for $250.

The downside to running a 2 channel is that you can only run 1 sub mono as most amps arent stable at 2 ohms mono. But a 15" sub with 340 RMS watts at 12 volts will definitely hit pretty hard.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited November 2003
    tell us how much you're willing to spend and do you already have the wiring run, if so what guage of power wire
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.