Polk Audio LSIm 705 & 706

Options
leroyjr1
leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
edited September 2013 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Thinking about selling my cherry 705 towers and cherry 706 center. All in great condition and I still have the original box for both. The 706 is brand new still in the box unopened. I bought the 705 around May ( I think).

Thanks
Asking $2800 picked up
Post edited by leroyjr1 on

Comments

• bassaholic
    bassaholic Posts: 315
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Damn, was just in down there all day. Wouldve loved to take a listen/look.
    Pioneer SC-37
    RTiA9-fronts
    CSiA6-center
    RT55i-surrounds
    SVS PB13 Ultra & PSW650
    Monster Power 3250 amp
    Monster Power 2250 amp
    Monster Power HDP-2500 surge pro.

Denon 3805,CS400i,RT25i's & FX500i's sitting in the basement collecting dust
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Is this some kind of joke? Center still in box? I thought you were running this "system"? If not, that's a phenomenally fast turn around time!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,894
    edited December 2012
    Options
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,894
    edited December 2012
    Options
    BTW you are one crazy ****!!
  • leroyjr1
    edited December 2012
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    Is this some kind of joke? Center still in box? I thought your were running this "system"? If not that's a phenomenally fast turn around time!

cnh

Yes, I was running the system but with another 706 which was the wrong color and I since returned it. Sold my old receiver to get the Denon 4520 which I haven't bought yet. So I never got around to playing the new cherry 706.
  • leroyjr1
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    What's next??
    Well this is just a hobby for me. If I found the perfect speaker that satisfied my every need I'd be miserable because the hunt and adventure would be over. I enjoy buying and trying different stuff. It's fun.
  • bobsauto49
    bobsauto49 Posts: 973
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Anything on the radar Leroy?
    "Everything I ever did in my life worthwhile I caught hell for"
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I've been on the lookout for a 706c. I could email you a FedEx label for you to just print and slap on the box if that makes shipping easier.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Ben
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • leroyjr1
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I've been on the lookout for a 706c. I could email you a FedEx label for you to just print and slap on the box if that makes shipping easier.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Ben

Want to sell as a set or I'll need commitment for both pieces to split.

Thanks
  • leroyjr1
    edited December 2012
    Options
  • leroyjr1
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Well I've opened the 706 sunday and been enjoying. Asking $2700

image.jpg
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg

image.jpg
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited December 2012
    Options
    How it sound? Specifically the center....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • leroyjr1
    edited December 2012
    Options
    How it sound? Specifically the center....

It sounds fantastic. Love the detail in this beast.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited December 2012
    Options
    How much cash would you need on top a set of SDA 2.3TL's w/ Larry's rings, dynamat, JB weld done, and spikes and I drive to Milwaukee to pick up and deliver?
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Hey Dan if this worked out and the planets lined up and all, do you have a couch I could crash on overnight before driving back to TN?
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• leroyjr1
    edited December 2012
    Options
    TNHNDYMAN wrote: »
    How much cash would you need on top a set of SDA 2.3TL's w/ Larry's rings, dynamat, JB weld done, and spikes and I drive to Milwaukee to pick up and deliver?

Sorry, not looking for SDA's at this time.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Not a problem, it was just a thought. GLWS

• factorz
    factorz Posts: 353
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Leroy,
    Before you end up selling these I would love the chance to stop over and give them a listen. Would love to hear how they compare to my 1C's. GLWS
  • leroyjr1
    edited December 2012
    Options
    factorz wrote: »
    Leroy,
    Before you end up selling these I would love the chance to stop over and give them a listen. Would love to hear how they compare to my 1C's. GLWS

Absolutely.
  • MADGSF
    MADGSF Posts: 603
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Any chance you could measure the width of that center for me? I have a CSi5 now and want the LSiM series but according to Polk, whom I am sure does know, the 706c is about .5" too wide for my current TV stand. I guess I am hoping they are off by about an inch and the 706c will work in my stand. I would appreciate the help if you get a chance.
    AVR: Elite VSX-21TXH
    Amplifier: B&K 7250 Series ii
    Misc: Velodyne SMS-1
    Mains: RTi-10
    Center: CSi-5
    Rear: Boston DSi460
    Sub: SVS PC-Ultra
    TV: Panasonic TC-P58V10
    DVD: Panasonic DMP-BD60K
  • leroyjr1
    edited December 2012
    Options
  • leroyjr1
    edited December 2012
    Options
  • dekuda
    dekuda Posts: 756
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Hey Leroy, To unload them off of you I will trade you my Parasound 5250 amp for them :wink: In miles we are close enough :cheesygrin:
    HT System
    Parasound Halo A51 Amp, Marantz AV 8003 Pre, Arcam FMJ CD36 cd player, Marantz 7007 BD/SACD player,Acoustic Zen Matrix IC's, Analysis Plus Crystal Copper Oval IC's, Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables, B&W 703's Fronts, Center Martin Logan Motif hybrid, Surrounds DefTech BPX, 2 X DefTech Supercube Reference Subs, DSpeaker Antimode 8033 EQ.
  • leroyjr1
    edited December 2012
    Options
    dekuda wrote: »
    Hey Leroy, To unload them off of you I will trade you my Parasound 5250 amp for them :wink: In miles we are close enough :cheesygrin:

I'd need a kidney also. :cheesygrin:
    If I had the money I'd be all over your parasound but I'm poor.
  • MADGSF
    MADGSF Posts: 603
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Here's a bump for ya. Polk does not lie and it looks like that center is about 12/16 too wide to fit my stand.
    AVR: Elite VSX-21TXH
    Amplifier: B&K 7250 Series ii
    Misc: Velodyne SMS-1
    Mains: RTi-10
    Center: CSi-5
    Rear: Boston DSi460
    Sub: SVS PC-Ultra
    TV: Panasonic TC-P58V10
    DVD: Panasonic DMP-BD60K
  • dekuda
    dekuda Posts: 756
    edited December 2012
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    I'd need a kidney also. :cheesygrin:
    If I had the money I'd be all over your parasound but I'm poor.

I here ya.......those are very nice speakers ! Good Luck with your sale !
    HT System
    Parasound Halo A51 Amp, Marantz AV 8003 Pre, Arcam FMJ CD36 cd player, Marantz 7007 BD/SACD player,Acoustic Zen Matrix IC's, Analysis Plus Crystal Copper Oval IC's, Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables, B&W 703's Fronts, Center Martin Logan Motif hybrid, Surrounds DefTech BPX, 2 X DefTech Supercube Reference Subs, DSpeaker Antimode 8033 EQ.
  • leroyjr1
    edited December 2012
    Options
    No longer for sale.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Enjoying them that much huh leroy :biggrin:.... Good to know they are still up there..... might have to make a roadtrip....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • leroyjr1
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Enjoying them that much huh leroy :biggrin:.... Good to know they are still up there..... might have to make a roadtrip....

Guess I'll just get the 702's and call it a day. BTW they sound great. You coming up again this summer?
  • leroyjr1
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Back on the market. Make me an offer.