XM Radio

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited December 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just baught a Kenwood KTCSR901 the model for the sattelite radio tuner which says to hook up to any deck that is XM ready..unfortunately for me i found out that it cannot hook up to a pioneer deck...and i also heard that its not offered in Canada yet..does anyone know any different?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited November 2003
    Are you sure it is XM??? I thought htat Kenwood was contracted by Sirius which is a very similar but at the same time very different beast than XM. You ill also need a satilite attnea and a subscription for it to work at all. But first things first, does the front of your deck say XM or Sirius?
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited November 2003
    Kenwood is Sirus....and I'm sorry to say there is no service yet in canada..:(
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    you will need to either 1) buy an FM modulator to connect teh kenwood radio to the pioneer head... or 2) buy a pioneer xm satellite tuner instead of hte kenwood.

also - kenwood IS sirius not xm - which apparently isn't offered in canada
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • OldOneEye
    OldOneEye Posts: 6
    edited December 2003
    While in Canada you can get Dish and Direct TV, to get XM and Sirius you have to get billed ot a US credit card with a US billing address (Canadian content laws among other things). Also they aren't going to have repeaters in big cities like they do in the lower 48 states (in cities with tall buildings that might block the signal, they put repeaters to boost the signal in spots the satellite cuts out). Add in the fact that the Satellites are hoving over the equator for XM and a bit higher for Sirius, you are going to have a very low line of site (which means relatively low buildings and moutains can block the signal).

Juan