digital cables, heard some new info!!

CHRIS
CHRIS Posts: 454
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
I was at the audio store, the better kind, and heard something very intriguing. The guy who I usually talk with told me, DTS works better with optical and DD works better with coaxial MOST times. We got on the subject when talking about my bedroom receiver(Denon) having a hookup for both and it will pick which is coming in best for a particular movie. He said most would be hard to tell but some are really better. Also I'm not talking the cheap optical either but the good stuff same with the coaxial. I know we have always said coaxial and I agree but now I'm thinking, especialy if the receiver does the picking. Confusion, whats your opinion or thinking of this?
Chris
Chris :)
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• mjmcg
    mjmcg Posts: 102
    edited July 2001
    My head hurts.
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2001
    if it sounds good to you then thats all that matters. i have some dts movies that do not sound any better then dd. i have a alice cooper dts concert that sounds like crap compared to a dd styx dvd i think it all in the recording process. and if you can tell the difference between one digital cable to another you really have to much time on your hands. just my opinion.

scott(sweating my **** of in indiana with the humidty of 81%) :cool:
  • jeffeb3
    jeffeb3 Posts: 106
    edited July 2001
    VERY INTERESTING. I've never heard anthing like that. sounds fun though. For the record: I like DTS vs DD in the Gladiator. as far as the cables, I don't like the current fiber optic TOS-link anyways. I can't believe they trust something as important as my sound to an led light. they should make one with actual lasers. tuned to the frequency of ultra violet. NOW THAT WOULD BE COOl.

I don't know if I would agree with this digital cable thing. I don't like believing it without a reason. I don't know if I can accept that DTS works better w/coax and DD works better w/ fib. opt. Just 'Cause
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited July 2001
    Scott
    Not to much time, all my time I'm disabled. Which gives me plenty of time for audio and listening to the difference in sound qualities. I'm not mad at what you said if it came across this way its just the way I talk it has been mistaken for being mad before. If you had read the manual you would probably be wondering too.

Jeff
    Fiber optics would be way cool.
    Chris
    Chris :)
  • mjmcg
    mjmcg Posts: 102
    edited July 2001
    I couldn't tell any difference between Gladiator DTS and DD to save by behind, and I have some pretty particular ears. I can however sense difference in cables, no doubt.