Older Polks

Options
smglbrth
smglbrth Posts: 1,461
edited November 2003 in Speakers
Anyone ever wonder why Polk went with the tweeter on top when it comes to tower speakers a while back? Seems to me with the SDA and RTA lines the tweet was in the middle for a reason. At least the reason I heard was that it was the best way for the tweet to sound natural, being between two drivers.

Now they bring back that design with the Lsi and the new line of towers.

Seems to me someone at Polk is going back to the older ways, the ways they started and made a name for themselves with.

Also with the older monitor series speakers seems to me the specs blow away anything Polk has now when it comes to that speaker size.

But...., I raised myself on the older stuff. I read recently on the forums how MANY of you feel they should come out with the SDA line again. Maybe they should come out with a new Monitor line as well, with the passive radiators....

Don't try to slam me too much, just an opinion I've wanted to voice for a while now. :D
Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
Post edited by smglbrth on

Comments

• gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I dont know for sure, but I am guessing that where ever they place the tweeters, it is so they will be close to ear level.
    Graham
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2003
    Options
    smglbrth,
    slammming? us? well ok, not this time... all us old folk were raised on older stuff...

ear level may be a factor as gatemplin suggested. older tweets tend to sound smoother when they are heard off axis.

and yes, bring back the sda's....
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD