Dream System

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I was just curious as to what everybodys dream system would be if money were no object.

Mine would be as follows in my 02 Dodge Ram Quad Cab:

Apline 9815 head unit $500
Brax X1400 50 x 4 channel amp $1400
Brax SPL Competetion 300 x 1 bridged amp $1400
Focal Utopia 6 1/2 compnonent (front) $1200
Focal Utopia 5 1/4 component (rear) $1100
JL Audio Stealthbox 10W3 10" $500

$6100 total
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited November 2003
    This would blow yours out of the water...

HU
    Eclipse CD8053 approx. $500
    Amps
    2 US Amps TU-600 150x2@ 4ohms Tube amp $740 each
    2 US Amps US-2000x 2000x1 @4ohms $1300 each
    Speakers
    2 Rainbow CS 265.28PLAT Platinum series componet sets 100wrms $2500 per pair (yes that's 5grand in components)
    4 Diamond Audio TDX 10D4 10" dual 4ohm vc subs, 800wrms run in pairs at 4ohms one pair off of each 2000x approx. $550 each

All components will be done custom in the front allowing air to pass through the rear deck of the '69 Plymouth RoadRunner convertible they'll be in. The car will have a 440 hemi with 2 additional alternators and 2 extra batteries.

Approx system price w/o wire and batteries... $13,000 including 2 approx. $600 alternators

I would smash yours both in sq and spl. seriously there would be no comparision
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2003
    I think he was wondering what everyone's dream system would be, not 'top this ****'.

How do you know it would 'smash' his in SQ? You borrowing his ears?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited November 2003
    Yeah I agree... MTX is seemingly a little hostile today...
    Also refer to his post in my thread "Listen to my luck...Good story"
    "The Big C"
  • MTXMAN
    edited November 2003
    better quality componets russ, rainbow is thought of as the best with their platnium line. At a SQ competition my setup would probably win with equally skilled tuning. The use of a Tube amp would more than likely also work in my favor for SQ.

C-man. Maybe i am a little hostile today but i've had to put up with a lot of **** this week and am a little stressed. on top of that i've hardly had time to sleep cause i had tests in all 4 of my classes and a paper due in addition to working 42 hours. On top of that my post in your thread wasn't even to you, it was to mister "my $150 15" is better than your h2 cause it has a big surround blah blah blah" He hit a sorespot cause I just had some punk with a 15" Pyle blabbing about how good his **** was and saying that the system i was putting together would be weak cause i was using 10's... I wanted to smack the little punk ****...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited November 2003
    those $2500 components better suck me and f*** me or i wouldnt get them...unless i was rich...
    then maybe...
    -Cody
  • MTXMAN
    edited November 2003
    I agree with that cody... WAY outa my price range, best i've seen them at is just shy of 2g... They're supposed to be about the best money can buy though...
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited November 2003
    are they 3 way?
    if i bought $2500 worth of components....they better be 3 way and have an rms of 500 watts
    lol
    -Cody
  • MTXMAN
    edited November 2003
    2 way and rms is 100w... it's pure quality though
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited November 2003
    whew, i thought he was thinking of getting one of those POS Sony Dream Systems. I was coming in here for the rescue attempt!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    with SEAS components you can get just as good if not better SQ than anything even in the ballpark, but at a fraction of hte cost -- you have to build your own crossovers and piece togetheryour own speakers, but you pick the midbass driver you want, the middy, and the tweeter from their selection, you build the Xover, and you pump about 350 rms to that **** and hear it scream with glorious clarity and definition.

spend about 1,200 bucks, but it's worth it.

anyway -- my dream system would be what i've got so far with some modifcations...

currently --

99 ram club cab

alpine 7863 head (would upgrade to 9815)
    polk dx 3065 components in front
    polk dx9 6x9's in back
    image dynamics idmax v2 d4 subwoofers (2)
    streetwires zero noise 5.0 patch cables throughout.
    two energizer 900 cca batteries
    117 amp alternator (would upgrade to 300A ohio generator if/when they build one).
    kenwood 10 disc changer and satellite radio (would upgrade to alpine ai-net changer and sat radio)

i would also add a 13 band graphic equalizer or go with audiocontrol EQT's throughout.

mtx 81000D sub amps (2) -- would upgrade to USamps 1000 (two)

MTX blue thunder 754 bridged [near 300 x 2 potentially, but i'm only running 200 or therabouts, all i need] -- (would upgrade to a tru-technology copper series
    MTX blue thunder 502 to rears (would upgrade to a similar power tru-tech)

tha'ts about it -- i'm pretty happy for now-- reasonable upgrades in the near future would be a nice in dash EQ (cutting the air bag out is gonna be fun) ... maybe new fronts someday... they tend to seem like they're dying then they come back to life-- i think its my ears...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MTXMAN
    edited November 2003
    hey PBD,

speaking of tru tech... have you seen that they have a tube amp in their copper series now?? I think it's new for this year...
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited November 2003
    I already have it:

- Kenwood eXcelon KRC-X858 head unit
    - Kenwood 10 disc CD Changer
    - Kenwood eXcelon KAC-X650D 5 channel amplifier
    - Polk db3065 component system 6.5 inch speakers
    - Polk db6510 component 6.5 inch speakers
    - Polk db10 component 10 inch subwoofer

I still have my orgininal Kenwood PS-955 and if I ever get any cash for it, I'll get the illumination repaired on it so it works again.

Total cost was about $2400 'cause I got most of it discounted. The only thing I paid full price for was the sub.

I'll bet that there is louder stuff out there but I really doubt that there is a better sound quality system for that price out there. Hell, double it and I still don't think anyone can best it. But that is my opinion.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited November 2003
    First off... I may be a little late on this one but LMAO as suck me and f*** me.
    "The Big C"
  • Jstas
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    I think he was wondering what everyone's dream system would be, not 'top this ****'.

How do you know it would 'smash' his in SQ? You borrowing his ears?

Hey Russ, I think that first you should define "sound quality" to reinforce your statement. Otherwise this looks like a petty dig at someone without having all the info. Sure mayber he did go a bit far bragging about the capabilities of the system but, comparing the two and knowing something about the setups, MTXMAN's selections do put up the numbers to rate a higher ranking in both SPL and SQ.

I agree that his post was kind of cocky but how do you know that it isn't his "dream system" and he was just trying to "top this ****"? Are you in his head? Can you read minds?

I think that while MTXMAN's most was not the nicest or worded the best, I think you post is totally out of line. I realize that my post comes too late and the drama has already begun but I do not believe that your chastising of MTXMAN was warranted. Especially since it is clear that you do not have a grasp of the capabilities of the two setups posted.

Beyond all the petty BS, posts like this are meant to spark discussion and yes, even controversy. Even though MacLeod asked for "dream systems" I think that anyone posting a post like this and not expecting a pissing contest to some degree is woefully naive. But, your underlying point is well taken and understood. Everyone has different tastes and no two sets of ears are alike. Given those facts, there will be disagreements about what is the best out there. After all, we all dream of owning the "best". So if MTXMAN says that his selection is "the best" would that not make it his "dream system" by default?

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2003
    Im sorry I asked.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MTXMAN
    edited November 2003
    dude, if it hadn't been for posts like this and pissing contests i'd be wondering who us amps was... you learn by people telling you what's better than the things that you know.

so now somebody come in and tell me a system that is fundamentally better than the one i posted, seriously i'm not kidding tell me something better cause i know that there's stuff i left out for lack of knowing who to go with, eq's dsp's etc. education via bashing... IT'S FUN!!!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2003
    well - i hate to piss in anyone's cheerios -- ah hell, i take that back, i love pissing in cheerios!

hehehe

and i do also like fiesty posts - they spark good debate as both Jstas and Mtxman have expressed...

just no fist fighting till somebody starts bitching about me singing like a girl ...

well to add urine to the fire... the 440 is a magnum motor... they were used interchangably, both mounting to the 727 torqueflite automatic transmission, however the 440 magnum was prided on a better ride quality, increased smoothness, providing good horsepower and low end torque but in the end being a lesser motor to the monstrous 426 hemi (u know i've read lots of ****, and seen two, and had the this **** that nobody has a definite answer of whether its a 426 or a 427, but everybody thinks they're right, and its split about half and half)... anyway, the hemi was a torque monster that was a track engine right outa the box. some putting up 500 horses plus with bone stock ****. the base **** worst were still minimum 400's ++. depending on how you let it breathe (exhaust / intake / carb / air cleaner) you could get as much as 550 - 600 out of it with nothing more than those mods, which any **** with a socket set (and a guy on the internet to tell him how to fix **** when he breaks it - eh Jstas? lol) can do.

i've yet to see a convertible roadrunner - hell in never saw a hardtop even!, however that is one of those cars that i agree would be PIMP with a soft top convertible or even with a removeable hard top (ala the thunderbird).

get one of those wicked 950 cfm edelbrock quadrajet race carbs -- that **** is wicked.
  • MTXMAN
    edited November 2003
    actually i think the convertible i was thinking of was the Fury... slight misunderstanding, saw a pick in a mopar mag talking about that whole line of cars (fury, rr, satelite etc) and they had the pic of the convertible fury right next to the story about the Road Runner...

Coulda sworn that the RoadRunner Superbird came with a 440 Hemi?? am i wrong on this?

BTW have you seen the '05 dodge ram Rumble Bee, like the super bee, tons of aftermarket parts being made for performance, stock hp over 500, 5.7 hemi... looks pretty damn sweet.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2003
    rumble bee!!! i want one -- it sound both cool and cute.. i want it! i haven'teven seen it and i want it ....lol.

and ya the roadrunner came with your choice of the 426 hemi or the 440 magnum. they're "sister" engines to each other much like the 318 and 360 // and nowthe 4.7 and 5.7
  • MTXMAN
    edited November 2003
    pick up the "Mopar Action" that they sell in walgreens. it has an article on the '05 rumble bee. looks tight :D

here's a pic...
    [IMG][/img]feb2004.jpg
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2008
    MacLeod wrote: »
    I was just curious as to what everybodys dream system would be if money were no object.

Mine would be as follows in my 02 Dodge Ram Quad Cab:

Apline 9815 head unit $500
    Brax X1400 50 x 4 channel amp $1400
    Brax SPL Competetion 300 x 1 bridged amp $1400
    Focal Utopia 6 1/2 compnonent (front) $1200
    Focal Utopia 5 1/4 component (rear) $1100
    JL Audio Stealthbox 10W3 10" $500

$6100 total

Since it seems to be the norm to bring up old threads...look what I found!

And after all these years...none of us have anything listed in our dream systems :)
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Jstas
    edited February 2008
    exalted512 wrote: »
    And after all these years...none of us have anything listed in our dream systems :)
    -Cody

What are you talking about? Mine is still as listed except that instead of a dB10, I have a dB12 subwoofer.

• Kinetic
    Kinetic Posts: 437
    edited February 2008
    mmmm...

Alpine F1 DVI9990 HU $3,500
    Alpine PXA-H701 $500
    Audison thesis Amp $10,000 each
    Audison Connection RCAs (no idea)
    Focal Utopia Be 3 way comps $4,500
    JL W7 subs $1,000 each or Focal Subs

more than $30,000 DLS
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable

G35
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    /////Alpine SPX 17PRO
    /////Alpine SWX 1243D
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable
  • killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited February 2008
    i like mac's system except i would replace the speakers with morel supremos!! what do you think mac?
    i might replace the sub with the new stereo integrity mag 12 @ $275 shipped. i really cant officially put the sub in the mix yet because it isnt releast yet.
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2008
    LMAO!! I remember this one! I think it was the very first thread I ever started. It was also before I registered. I posted on here a bunch as a guest cause Id just bought a set of MMC690's for my Ram and was just checking out the website and stumbled across the forum and so Id throw a post in every once in a while. 4 years and nearly 12,000 posts later and Im still here.

Whats funny is how far we've come. Man we didnt know **** back then! :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Mine is still as listed except that instead of a dB10, I have a dB12 subwoofer.

Yea but you had yours when you posted so that doesnt count!:p

-Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Jstas
    edited February 2008
    What can I say? I'm an over achiever!