Help! Wiring a PA1100.5 with aPA600.1

Options
2171000rr
2171000rr Posts: 4
edited November 2012 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi, I was hoping someone out there would have some experience with this. I'm trying to figure out how to wire a Polk PA1100.5 to a PA600.1 for the subwoofer signal. It says in the 1100.5 manual that these two amps are made to do this with each other. The 1100.5 manual shows that the channel for the subs can be switched to serve as a pass through to another amp for the signal. I am used to a good ol "IN" channel and an "OUT" channel so forgive the ignorance on exactly how this works. The 600.1 does have an "IN" and an "OUT channel but I am ASSUMING that I need to keep the 5 channel amp as the master amp because I'm running my speakers off of it. Is that true? My goal is to provide 600 watts RMS to each sub. I'm stripping my Yukon XL and I'm about half done on installing sound deadener so I need to figure this out so I can run wiring before putting everything back in. I'm running two sets of MM6501's for front and rear speakers and two SR124 DVC's for my subs in a sealed box. The 1100.1 would have been just fine for one sub but I got greedy and wanted two. LOL! Oh yes. My head unit is a Pioneer Avh-P8400BH. Any help would be appreciated and I welcome opinions or advice. An expert I am not.
Post edited by 2171000rr on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hello 2171,
    I've forwarded your request to Polk's CS department, I'm sure they'll post a reply soon.
    Cheers, Ken
  • 2171000rr
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hey thank you Ken. I appreciate the help.
  • 2171000rr
    edited November 2012
    Options
    First off Kim. Thank you for the response. However,it still isn't straight forward to me. My head unit is new with a dedicated sub out set of rca jacks. So, I can run rca cables from the sub out of the head unit to the amp subwoofer rca jacks but there is only one set of jacks. Where do I come out with the signal to go to the 600.1? There is a spring loaded button that says it turns the jacks into an "IN" channel when it's pushed in or it makes them an "OUT" pass through connection when its pushed again to let it spring back out.So,whatever this button is doing I need a place to come out of the 1100.1 with the sub signal and go to the 600.1 input jacks. This is what I don't get. How does this button turn one set of rca jacks into two sets of rca jacks? Does it turn the top jack (white) or bottom jack (red) into one or the other ("IN" and "OUT") then needing "Y" adapters for the cables coming from the headunit and the cables going to the 600.1?
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'd like to know that as well.
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hello,
    Give them a call, it's always best to speak with the pros.
    Cheers, Ken