Black Ops 2

Options
B Run
B Run Posts: 1,888
edited February 2013 in Video Games
Anyone else planning on getting it tonight? I can't wait to try the new zombies modes, just thought i'd start a thread.
Post edited by B Run on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm just now starting the first Black Ops, liking it so far.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I really want to go out and grab this tonight but would have to stand in line with a big bunch of geeks lol
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I really want to go out and grab this tonight but would have to stand in line with a big bunch of geeks lol

Um,"birds of a feather" ring any bells?

my "geek" son is there tonight btw
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • polkfarmboy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm scared that I will be in line with a bunch of guys dressed up like spider man and harry potter etc..
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm scared that I will be in line with a bunch of guys dressed up like spider man and harry potter etc..

I think Navy Seal garb would be more prevalent tonite.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Seriously dumb posts...
  • polkfarmboy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Seriously dumb posts...

Its not to far from the truth, have you ever been in a best buy line for a pre release?
  • B Run
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Every year I walk in to Walmart at 11:55 and am out by 12:05 without pre ordering it. There's usually about 20 people there and yes some are definitely nerds, but I drive past gamestop on my way home and there's still a 300 yard line in front of it.
  • snake1
    snake1 Posts: 567
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Got a copy held myself and gonna go pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to it! I'm not hardcore enough to go tonight though. New zombie mode looks beast though!
    AVR - Onkyo NR809
    500gb HD for MP3 and FLAC files
    Amp - Parasound 2250 - FOR SALE BTW!! PM me if interested!
    Mains - Polk RTi12 towers
    Center - CSi5
    Surround - FXiA6's
    Sub - psw505
    Movies and games - PS3
    TV - Toshiba 52" HD

Every vehicle has one good nuetral drop in it
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Stood in line for my Hardened Edition... Walked out with 3 free months of Xbox Live Gold and a download code for the full version of Skyrim (which I've never played). Not sorry about it... though I was the oldest person in line. :cheesygrin:
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • specd_out
    specd_out Posts: 505
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I really wanted to like this game, but between it being placed in the future (which I dont care for mainly because of a lack of weapon and human limits) and it felt like the same game as Black ops. I tend to be more of a fan of the infinity ward series. I am switching over to BF3 until COD can give me something as good as MW2 or change it completely up
    HT Rig Samsung 64F8500 |Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD|Pioneer Elite VSX-32| Two Carver TFM-15cb Bridged for mains|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15 Heights|Polk Audio FXia6 Surround|DIY 8cuft Dayton Ultimax 15" powered with a Crown XLS1000
    2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1BillD Mod|Carver M1.0t MkII Opt2|Pro-ject RM 1.3|SpeedBox S|AQ King Cobras|AQ Rocket88|
    ISF Level 2 Certified Calibrator
  • B Run
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I like it, the new Zombies mode steals the show. I like Multiplayer but it's not anything groundbreaking or special, and i'm only a few missions into campaign mode but it seems legit.
  • B Run
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Except the servers have been down all day, hope they get it fixed soon.
  • polkfarmboy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I just went to have some fun with this and got that crappy server not available. What a bunch of crap, what kind of morons work for these people because its obvious that when they hype a game like this up there is going to be a whole load of players.
  • Bugstyvy
    Bugstyvy Posts: 119
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Handle is Veggies_in_mybum
    Mcintosh MC2300
    Mcintosh 2105
    Integra Pre amp 9.8
    Pro-ject Record Player
    Sony 200 disc CD Changer
    Basic Wiring
    60" Samsung Series 8
    SDA-1.2TL
    SDA-3.1TL (unused at the moment)
  • B Run
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Bugstyvy wrote: »
    Handle is Veggies_in_mybum

:eek:
  • Bugstyvy
    Bugstyvy Posts: 119
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You dont like my handle?
    Mcintosh MC2300
    Mcintosh 2105
    Integra Pre amp 9.8
    Pro-ject Record Player
    Sony 200 disc CD Changer
    Basic Wiring
    60" Samsung Series 8
    SDA-1.2TL
    SDA-3.1TL (unused at the moment)
  • kuntasensei
    edited November 2012
    Options
    All judgment aside, you might indicate whether that handle is for PSN or Xbox Live. Just sayin'. :wink:
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • evhudsons
    evhudsons Posts: 1,175
    edited November 2012
    Options
    There is an anaglyph setting on cod that is pretty cool if you have the red/blue/cyan glasses. I tried it out and it works very well, even in multiplayer mode.
    It didn't work as well on my projector due to it being dimmer, but on the lcd tv it rocked. It won't help the game but it makes it much more interesting in 3d, and you don't need a special tv, just the simple old school cheap glasses.

I'm islandberserker on ps3 and xbox360 but now both my xbox360's are toast. It's cheaper to buy new than to fix them so I'm just on ps3 now.
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • polkfarmboy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Bugstyvy wrote: »
    You dont like my handle?

Its not a very good handle, If my wife were to ask what I was doing tonight how could I reply with ' Just playing cod with veggies in my bum :cheesygrin:
  • polkfarmboy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I just wanted to add that I love this game as its just like black ops with its fast paced play style that I missed from the modern warfare series.

Dont you guys just love that auto targeting perk on level 9 of the machine guns or level 11 on the heavy duty machine guns? I can get number one spot on mostly every game I use it on
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Good graphics but they really need to fix the bugs in this game. Seriously!!
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • polkfarmboy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I dont know about you guys but I have been making everyone that plays against me my b#$ch :loneranger:
  • nancyandroid
    nancyandroid Posts: 8
    edited November 2012
    Options
    waiting for someone to sell a used ps3 disc :P i will buy it later then
  • kuntasensei
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Been playing Hardcore Team Deathmatch with some friends. There are some obvious issues that need to be addressed, but those will probably get patched out. Spawn-killing is still as annoying as ever, as are the maps that are too sniper friendly. Still, you adapt. I'm liking the Pick 10 system more than the previous system of loadouts, and I really haven't felt the need to change from the default assault rifle yet (though I added quickdraw handle and red dot to it).

I'm average at the game and will probably never be uber-competitive at it considering the lag time of my projector... but damn, it's fun to get on and play with friends.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • snake1
    snake1 Posts: 567
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I've been playing for a while now and I'm noticing several bugs. Keep in mind I usually stick to Zombie or multiplayer modes. Getting a LOT of lag with 4 players in the upper Zombie levels and also tossing grenades at times yields no explosion (to name a few). That said I do really like the game so far, just wish it didn't have the bugs.
    AVR - Onkyo NR809
    500gb HD for MP3 and FLAC files
    Amp - Parasound 2250 - FOR SALE BTW!! PM me if interested!
    Mains - Polk RTi12 towers
    Center - CSi5
    Surround - FXiA6's
    Sub - psw505
    Movies and games - PS3
    TV - Toshiba 52" HD

Every vehicle has one good nuetral drop in it
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Can 2 people play this game in co-op splitscreen and not online? I know Modern Warfare 2 is able to do this. Most of the older games were able to do this so people could game with their real friends in the same room on the same tv and it added to the enjoyment factor.
  • oleon621
    oleon621 Posts: 178
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Is this game that much better than modern warfare 3?
    Front- RTI A7,(powered by ADCOM GFA 5500)
    Center- CSI5,
    Surrounds- RTI 6 and Rear Surrounds- TS 15.
    TV-Panasonic P55ST50
    SUB-SVS PB10-NSD and PSW505
    Receiver- Yamaha Aventage RX-A2000
  • polkfarmboy
    edited December 2012
    Options
    oleon621 wrote: »
    Is this game that much better than modern warfare 3?
    Yes it is I think
  • PolkGTI
    PolkGTI Posts: 23
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I just started the campaign, I think I am on the 3rd level... It's a lot of fun. Mulitplayer not yet as well I want to finish the Campaign first besides I've been splitting time between this and Fifa 13
    Mitch

TV: Panasonic 50'' Plasma S30
    Receiver: Harmon Kardon AVR1700
    Fronts: Polk TSi400
    Center Channel: Polk CS10
    Subwoofer: Polk PSW111

MISC: Xbox 360, PS3, Pansonic Blu Ray Player