In Need Of A Plan

Options
jd45177
jd45177 Posts: 35
edited November 2003 in Speakers
Ok, Last night, I biwired my new Polk RTi70 speakers and there was a definite improvement. I am using Radio Shack 14 ga. megacable for the lower frequency and Monster 16 ga. cable for the higher frequencies. I don't want to get into a discussion of whether the improvement is because the high/low frequencies are separated or because of the larger wire diameter, although I believe it to be the latter. Two months ago, I had a Pioneer Elite VSX-26TX receiver with a Polk RM6500 satellite speaker system. My system now is comprised of:

Receiver - Pioneer Elite VXS-53TX
Fronts - Polk RTi70 (biwired)
Center - Polk CSi30
L/R Surrounds - Polk RM2300 (satellites from RM6500 system)
Rear Surround - Polk RM2600 (center from RM6500 system)
Sub - Polk 100 watt, 8" sub (from RM6500 system)

From those WITH experience, what should my next upgrade and the subsequent ones be? What is the most logical? What will give me the most bang for the buck?
Mains: Polkaudio RTi70's
Center: Polkaudio CSi40
Surrounds: Polkaudio RTi38's
Rear Center: Polkaudio CSi30
Sub: Polkaudio PSW-404
Receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX
DVD Player: Pioneer DV-414
CD Player: Pioneer Elite PD-M59
TV: Toshiba TZ-43V61
Monster Power MP HTS 2000 MKII Power Center
Post edited by jd45177 on

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited November 2003
    Options
    No dedicated CD (or SACD) Player? Other than that, I would upgrade speaker cables. Personally, I would run AQ Granites to the mains and Analysis Plus "Clear Oval" to the surrounds and sub-woofer. Granite is still on sale at Audio Advisor--heck of a cable for that price!

I don't know what IC's you are running, but I just purchased Straight Wire Chorus ($36/pr) and love them.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2003
    Options
    the sub...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Sub first....

Then get a CSi40 for front center and move the CSi30 to the rear...

Then get FXi30 or 50's for surrounds.