Halo 4

Options
BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
edited December 2012 in Video Games
Placed my order with Amazon. Two new releases this week; Halo and Spider-Man Bluray. Looks like a fun weekend.
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.
Post edited by BlueFox on

Comments

• kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I've got the Collector's Edition paid off at Gamestop. Trying to decide if I want to suffer through the whole midnight launch thing or not. I would only get to play for maybe an hour before I have to go to bed. Can't take one of my famous "sick days" for this one. :razz:

And yeah, Spider-Man and They Live blu-rays for me this week. Also snagged Drive on the cheap. At least I'll have plenty to keep me busy!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Was informed by the accountant that I have to wait till the 19th to get Halo 4 :sad:. And then we leave for Thanksgiving vacation :sad:. Not sure if I will even get a chance to play till after the 25th :sad:.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tommyt21
    tommyt21 Posts: 685
    edited November 2012
    Options
    That sucks Enders, I will be watching returns tommorrow but I should be jamming Halo 4 this weekend. If any of you polkies want to play a few games of Multi-Player hit me up at Violentsoul 21.

Thomas
    Living Room
    Fronts: RTi A7's
    Center: Csi A6 VR3 "Fortress Plus"
    Front Heights: Rti A1
    Surrounds: Rti A3
    Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4 Damn this is a good SUB
    Pioneer Pioneer Elite: SC-35-> Emotiva XPA-3
    TV: Lg LW6500 55" Passive 3D
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

Acoustimac red suede panels
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm bumping this to know if it's a good game. Campaign any good? I'm sure the multiplayer will be exciting with clans, and millions of other people online.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • BlueFox
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Started it, single player, last night. Lasted 15 minutes and was killed. About average for me. Cortana is looking good, and reviews say it is the best of the lot.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have it still in the plastic since tuesday. Have to wait till tomorrow night/weekend to get at it.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I am checking out of this thread till I get it lol. If you need me PM me :biggrin:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • kuntasensei
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sherardp wrote: »
    I'm bumping this to know if it's a good game. Campaign any good? I'm sure the multiplayer will be exciting with clans, and millions of other people online.
    Best looking game on 360 to date, hands down. Some of the best surround sound I've heard in any game, period. So far, the campaign is pretty damn good... and though I haven't jumped into War Games yet, Spartan Ops (the weekly episodic co-op missions) is really fun with a good group. Kinda' sad they don't have Firefight in there anymore... but still, this is one hell of a value for the price. I see myself hanging onto it for some time.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • PubFiction
    PubFiction Posts: 105
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    I didn't buy it yet, trying to decide if I want it on PC or xbox.

Well I just found out it's not coming out on PC. I hate playing on the xbox, I hate the controller, I hate the distance from the TV. It's just not fun. I'll wait till I can buy it for $15.00

If you hate the controllers, and I agree they are really bad, you can get a xim3 for xbox and use a mouse and keyboard, with the side effect that you will crush everyone online.
  • kuntasensei
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Wow, there are people who hate the 360 controller? I think it's the most comfortable of the current gen, especially compared to the PS3's tiny controllers. Then again, I guess if you're used to mouse and keyboard... it's understandable.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • tommyt21
    tommyt21 Posts: 685
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Best looking game on 360 to date, hands down. Some of the best surround sound I've heard in any game, period. So far, the campaign is pretty damn good... and though I haven't jumped into War Games yet, Spartan Ops (the weekly episodic co-op missions) is really fun with a good group. Kinda' sad they don't have Firefight in there anymore... but still, this is one hell of a value for the price. I see myself hanging onto it for some time.

+1 on the sound its very well done, crystal clear and detailed. The CGI they use in the cut scenes is the best I have ever seen.
    Living Room
    Fronts: RTi A7's
    Center: Csi A6 VR3 "Fortress Plus"
    Front Heights: Rti A1
    Surrounds: Rti A3
    Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4 Damn this is a good SUB
    Pioneer Pioneer Elite: SC-35-> Emotiva XPA-3
    TV: Lg LW6500 55" Passive 3D
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

Acoustimac red suede panels
  • mrbiron
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So by my calcs, there are enough of us to form a squad and rape the disc into submission???

I enjoyed my choice of words as well.:twisted:
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I like the Xbox controller the best of the consoles, but nothing compares with the accuracy of a keyboard and mouse for me
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,041
    edited November 2012
    Options
    A bud and I played the first three levels tonight... bad ****...

That's the only review you are getting from me. This is exactly* what Halo needed...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited November 2012
    Options
    My thoughts on multiplayer... I like the changes. The maps are good, the new weapons are just fine. I like the loadout system. I like that sprint is no longer an option, you just always have it. All that being said, I still think Reach is/was the better Halo for multiplayer.
  • Bugstyvy
    Bugstyvy Posts: 119
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Im not that impressed with Halo 4.....
    Mcintosh MC2300
    Mcintosh 2105
    Integra Pre amp 9.8
    Pro-ject Record Player
    Sony 200 disc CD Changer
    Basic Wiring
    60" Samsung Series 8
    SDA-1.2TL
    SDA-3.1TL (unused at the moment)
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So I finally have it and am back in this thread. I will be online probably tomorrow with my uncle if anyone wants to run through campaign.

I am RabidPuppy - see me bite you :smile:.
  • mrbiron
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Mine is still in the plastic from launch. Installing 250sf of oak hardwood floors for the next couple nights . Maybe ill get to play before halo5?
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited November 2012
    Options
    RobD213, who's down to play some live?
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2012
    Options
    RobD213, who's down to play some live?

Add me to your freinds list :RabidPuppy. I should be on sometime Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday during my wife's baby showers
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Just finished the game.... not sure how I feel about it...
  • BlueFox
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I am at the point where I took care of the magnetic machine gun dogs and other things inside the planet and turned off some beam. I have a short attention span with video games. I can play about 30 minutes or so, and then let it sit for a week or more.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2012
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I am at the point where I took care of the magnetic machine gun dogs and other things inside the planet and turned off some beam. I have a short attention span with video games. I can play about 30 minutes or so, and then let it sit for a week or more.

Yeah, I played through on easy for the last couple levels just to see the ending. Legendary solo is a PITA but I am about halfway through on it. I got about 6 levels in on Normal with my uncle on co-op but I would like to get through it on Legendary on both solo and co-op before the baby comes in February, and maybe have played a bit of multiplayer
  • BlueFox
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Made it back to the surface of the planet, and am looking for somebody. Laskey I think is the name. Machine gun dogs are also here. I guess I have had enough for this week. Back at it next weekend.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Got the limited edition xbox 360 Halo4 for my son for Xmas. Xbox=Xmas!!:razz:
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • BlueFox
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I am at the point where I am trying to defend a hilltop while Cortana opens some doors. At this point I am just being overwhelmed by machine gun dogs, flying things, and the two legged creatures. There have been a few times when I was able to get many of them, but so far the numbers are overwhelming.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2012
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I am at the point where I am trying to defend a hilltop while Cortana opens some doors. At this point I am just being overwhelmed by machine gun dogs, flying things, and the two legged creatures. There have been a few times when I was able to get many of them, but so far the numbers are overwhelming.

Yup, thats where I gave up playing on Legendary on solo lol.... after about 8 hours of not being able to get through that is lol.....
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,041
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Halo 4 = awesome
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited December 2012
    Options
    will do ender, getting on tomorrow, fyi im between 6 and 9 hours ahead of you as far as timezones go
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2012
    Options
    We need to get 3 people from the forum to run through the campaign on legendary. Let's get something scheduled fellas.

I am RabidPuppy. Add me :smile: