Sunfire Amp

Options
reeltrouble1
reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
edited November 2003 in Electronics
Guys,

Does anybody have an opinion on the value of a 1.5 yr old Sunfire Sig. series 5 channel amp @ 425 wpc?

Now its not the Flea Market so 200.00 can't be the answer!!:D
Post edited by reeltrouble1 on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I could not add a value, but that is a very nice amplifier. Very well built, modern, warm sound, IMO.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • scornful
    scornful Posts: 272
    edited November 2003
    Options
    $300?? heh

Seiously I'd say prolly 70-80% of new value. Thats if you know where it been and how hard it was pushed...
    Denon 3802
    B&K 7270
    Outlaw ICBM
    Behringer DSP1124P
    Samson S1000
    SVS 20-39CS+ (x2)
    RTi150's
    CSi40
    FXi30's
    RTi38's
    Win Vista HTPC
    InFocus 4805 ~100" Screen
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2003
    Options
    i would love to get my hands on a amp ike that. they are a very nice amp i want the sig 7 with 400 pre channel
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2003
    Options
    rt,
    the series 1 sig cin's ebay for $1800 to 2000, if mint or near mint.

i'd put the series II you're watching around 2400 +/- 200. it's one of the 1st used series II's i've seen up...

not worth the price bump imo vs the series 1...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Tour2ma
    edited November 2003
    Options
    well, one series II closed on ebay for $2050... no last minute bidding at all.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I don't think you will see many snipers and hungry sharks at that money level :)

Now if it was SL3000 tweeters or 6503's....that would be another story :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Heard from the seller on ebay with the five ch. Signature, unfortunately he will not accept escrow and does not have the original receipt.

It does pain me cuz the bid is low right now with only one hour to go but I am passing, anybody interested just check out the sunfire amps on ebay. The price looks good but.............
  • Tour2ma
    edited November 2003
    Options
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14973&item=3057909927

with paypal buyer protect some added cost, but high security factor as well.

nice one here, but price is climbing fast...

edit: gone for a$1700 and change...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli