Anyone install equipment in an Aztek?

Seaward
Seaward Posts: 56
edited November 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Just wondering if anyone here owns a Pontiac Aztek and if they have done any work installing equipment in it??

Thanks
Post edited by Seaward on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    aztek was taken out of production after 1 year -- considering that - i imagine it'll be hard to find people who've done a whole lot with them.

however, if its a general audio question, we're all here to help. beyond that, i'd suggest calling polk direct and talking to thom, he knows his ****.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Seaward
    Seaward Posts: 56
    edited November 2003
    When you say the Aztek was taken out of production, you are refering to the vehicle right?

Basically what im getting at is, is it possible to run speakers to the back of the vehicle without costing an arm and a leg? I know that when you buy the vehicle new you have the option to have factory installed speakers through out the vehicle, but since we bought ours used the original owner did not get the factory speakers installed in the back.

We called a Pontiac Dealer regarding having them run speakers to the back, and like any dealer prices it was about $2500

anyway, if you hear or see anything regarding work to an Aztek let me know

Thanks
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    yes i was referring to the model of the vehicle... only made for one year.

but regarding your speaker dillema... there SHOULD be speaker holes in there that simply don't have speakers in them.

if speakers in rear or wherever were an option, and this did not involve external pods (like tweeters in the A pillars or **** like that), then there should already be the holes in the sheetmetal... and all you'd have to do is remove the factory trim panels, plop some speakers in, run wire for those speakers under the carpet, and then put the panels back in.

now that may be as much as a one or two day job for you, but it would only cost you as much as a set of speakers (anywhere from 40 to 150 or more dollars depending on your taste and your needs, but probably like 99 bucks) and the price of some 18 gauge wire (figure 50 feet... maybe 10 bucks). if you put the time in yourself, this can be very cheap. paying other people for their labor is what breaks the wallet.

you would most likely also need an aftermarket radio - as the stock radio is probably only geared for the speakers currently in the car... so add like 100 - 250 bucks for a radio.

but again, we're still well under 450 bucks.

and if u buy online, from ebay or sounddomain or something, u'll cut that price down more.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge