Nissan Titan audio upgrade?

Options
newbie308
newbie308 Posts: 675
edited October 2012 in Car Audio & Electronics
A few weeks ago I purchased a 2006 Nissan Titan. The truck is in great physical condition, but the prior owner must have liked his music LOUD, because the speakers are shot. I'd like to upgrade the entire system with a new reciever that includes navigation, reverse camera, and blue tooth. I don't play CD's in the car because they inevitably get F'd up, so I like the idea of an AUX input for an MP3 player. I have no idea what to look for in car speakers other than they need to fit the opennings provided, but wattage, crossover networks, amplifiers, sub woofers, and the like are not my forte, so a little help in making component selections would be greatly appreciated. I primarily listen to classic rock and blues heavy on guitar, with a little punk and metal tossed in the mix. I'd like to stay in the $2k to $2500 range tops! Thanks!
Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
Post edited by newbie308 on

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I will concur with Skip here a bit, if the rear speakers are shot, replace them, but get something cheap that simply makes noise, dont worry about quality there as your fronts when amped will be what really matters.

You wont find the SR6500's for a better price and honestly they are a ridiculous speaker for the money.

In regards to a Headunit, you have some extra needs I didnt have when I purchased mine so I cant speak to which one to get.

In regards to what sub to get, thats going to be dictated by how much space you can allocate to it.

In regards to a sub amp, I have a beast of a sub amp for sale currently for 275 + shipping that would more than meet your needs. I am willing to deal a bit on the price.

Given the price of Skips gear + mine, you would still have more than enough to get a beast of a sub and box to do just about whatever you want and still come in under budget.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 675
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Dskip,
    Wow! That is a great deal on some real nice speakers, but I would need a few weeks to replenish my funds before I could buy them from you. I dropped a big chunk of cash on the truck so that my payments would be lower. If they are still around when I'm ready to buy, I'd definitely snatch them up! I like to do a lot of research before buying anything which is why I made the inquiry now. Thanks for your input!
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |