?'s about E-Bay

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited December 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Has anyone ever bought rockford fosgate amps off of E-Bay? I found 5 different auctions for 851X for arround $300 with shipping. Are these amps the real thing or are they knock off's? The price seems too good to be true, but you never know. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Jay
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited November 2003
    it wont come with a warranty
    and the only time i would buy a used amp is if it came new in box
    www.acaraudio.com has the same amp for $380, i believe free shipping, and comes with a 3 yr warranty
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    ya as long as its new in box - do what u want, but if its not - dont bother... i dont buy used amps for more than 50 or 60 bucks... and 99% of the time they're broken and i have to fix them... sometimes i can, sometimes i can't, but it sbetter to bite the bullet and lost 50 or 60 than 300... dont spend big bucks on used amps unless u know exactly what u're getting.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    edited November 2003
    Yea, you guys are right. It would suck to buy a piece of junk and be out $300. Is acaraudio a authrised RF dealer?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited November 2003
    How are kicker's amps? The KX800.4 looks like a good deal @ acaraudio for $309.00. Are they as good as Rockard Fosgate?

Jay
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited November 2003
    You will find that most people here tend to steer away from the Fosgates and Kickers and tend to favor MTX, Hifonics, and a few others. PDB and stuntman know thier **** about amps. I personally like the Audiobahn's but that's just me. Ask for amp suggestiong but first you need to let us know what kind of speakers the amps will be powering. Put up a link to them, we are too lazy to look it up ourselves.
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited November 2003
    Actually I'd say most people on this forum will tend to go with MTX and Fosgate. Both good amps. Personally I like Fosgate a little more but whatever floats your boat. Not a big fan of Kicker amps.
    "The Big C"
  • Systems
    edited November 2003
    i believe it said they are authorized dealers of everything the sell on their website...i think it said it on the main page of the website, if not, look it up under warranties or something, im 99% sure i saw it on their though...and actually, im a huge fan of rockford fosgate...i have 3 of their amps in my truck...soon to be 4
    -Cody
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited November 2003
    My apologies to all the Fosgate fans out there. I wasn't thinking clearly (made the reply at 2am).
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited November 2003
    i checked, they are authorized of everything they sell on that website
    -Cody
  • Systems
    edited November 2003
    I guess I'll stick with RF unless I can get a better deal on MTX. I want the amp for a set of MM6 up front and momo 6X9 in back.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited November 2003
    you dont want to run mtx for components
    they are too dirty
    you might get away with 6x9s, but definetly not components
    -Cody
  • Systems
    edited November 2003
    Would the Rockard Fosgate be a better choice? Is there another amp that would be a better choice than the RF?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited November 2003
    MTX for Thump
    Fosgate for sq
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by bruiser
    Is there another amp that would be a better choice than the RF?
    yes, but they wont be as cheap in price
    -Cody
  • Systems
    edited November 2003
    I guess I'll stick with the RF. Thanks for the info

Jay
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited November 2003
    What is the amp that's better than RF? Price isn't much of an issue; I want to run the MM6's that I've got at their full capacity.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    being on a budget, and lacking any other real good information right now...

for a 150 - 200 x 2 amp at 4 ohms stereo to push a set of components --- i'd grudgingly go with pre 2003 fosgate equipment.

for subwoofers, again, ona budget, but wanting sick power, i'd be looking for an mtx 500/6500 - 1000/81000 D
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited November 2003
    all this RF amp talk making my stomach hurt...blah

there is a reason the RF stuff is so cheap on the net...caus the new stuff is cheap. I'd run that 800.4 before any rf amp any day. One thing though...that kicker amp needs 120amp fuse....its gonna pull some amps...somthing i find lacking in the RF junk.

If you want to find some quality stuff.... look at the ppi amps on ebay... granted they will be used...but not all are thieves on Ebay. Also..you can get some older punch amps wich will make the newer ones look like jensens crap!

Tell ya the truth ..I'm not a big MTX amp fan myslef... I know pbd likes em...but i never have. Can think of other "better" amps that are not as dirty and more reliable.

dont sell yourself out too "cheap" on your amps...its a bad tendency by folks to do that. If ya need to save up couple extra weeks to get something better....by gosh do it...you will be much happier!

oh well...
  • OldOneEye
    OldOneEye Posts: 6
    edited December 2003
    I don't believe acaraudio is authorized for RF (or for a number of other brands).

Go to their dealer locator and type in the zip code and no authorized dealers show up.

Same goes for Audio Control, Audiobahn, Alumapro, Crossfire, Diamond Audio, Eclipse, Focal, JL Audio, Kenwood, Kicker, MB Quart, MTX, RF and Zapco.

Most of the above have policies prohibiting all online sales. Just because they offer a warranty doesn't mean its a factory warranty.

Juan