RTi12 @ CC

Options
Pauly
Pauly Posts: 4,519
edited November 2003 in Speakers
Well i did my weekly (if not daily) lunch run to CC and low and behold the Rti12's are on display. :) I check em out ,look, take off the covor.....Nice! Still not a big fan of the silver they added in by hey thats just IMO. Anyway i wait paitently to hear them since someone else was getting impress w/ some MTX speakers they had in there :eek: He leaves and ohyeah lets hear what these things sound like.......................

Wait,

WTF

They werent even hooked Up. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Whats that all about damnit??? so i asked the rep why they werent hooked up yet and he said they got them in last night and nobody has had time to hook em up.. NO NO NO you find time to hook them up...If i worked there thats the 1st ting i would have done. Oh well I can wait. Just wanted to hear what they sounded like.

Any one else heard these things yet? They run the rest of the speakers on a High End HK so i would imagine they should sound good.

Late,

Spaz
Life without music would
Post edited by Pauly on

Comments

• KeithV
    KeithV Posts: 107
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by spasticpitbull
    Well i did my weekly (if not daily) lunch run to CC and low and behold the Rti12's are on display. :) I check em out ,look, take off the covor.....Nice! Still not a big fan of the silver they added in by hey thats just IMO. Anyway i wait paitently to hear them since someone else was getting impress w/ some MTX speakers they had in there :eek: He leaves and ohyeah lets hear what these things sound like.......................

Wait,

WTF

They werent even hooked Up. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Whats that all about damnit??? so i asked the rep why they werent hooked up yet and he said they got them in last night and nobody has had time to hook em up.. NO NO NO you find time to hook them up...If i worked there thats the 1st ting i would have done. Oh well I can wait. Just wanted to hear what they sounded like.

Any one else heard these things yet? They run the rest of the speakers on a High End HK so i would imagine they should sound good.

Late,

Spaz

We use an HK 525 in there for multichannel, and an ONK 8511 for stereo. They are not enough for most of the high end speakers we have on display.
  • stevew14
    stevew14 Posts: 130
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I heard the 12s several times at Frys. They were hooked up to a 525 and sounded really good. I think the opinion that they need really massive amounts of power to sound good is a bit overstated. Maybe to sound their very best, but trust me, the 525 did an adequate job for a test run in the store. I personally think they are great. I just traded my 150s for them.
  • vtec11
    vtec11 Posts: 82
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by stevew14
    I heard the 12s several times at Frys. They were hooked up to a 525 and sounded really good. I think the opinion that they need really massive amounts of power to sound good is a bit overstated. Maybe to sound their very best, but trust me, the 525 did an adequate job for a test run in the store. I personally think they are great. I just traded my 150s for them.

steve,

how do they sound compared to the 150's??

do you have have pics of the 12's..

thanks..
  • stevew14
    stevew14 Posts: 130
    edited November 2003
    Options
    vtec,

To my ears the very low end is just slightly less than the 150. The mids and highs are crisper and more defined without being harsh. Soundstage is very much the same. Overall, I think they have a more balanced and pleasing sound than the 150, at least with my equipment. Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong! For a picture, try this:

http://www.polkaudio.com/home/products.php?category=3&speaker=347
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Still not hooked up..........
    Life without music would
  • glemay
    glemay Posts: 574
    edited November 2003
    Options
    spasticpitbull,

I know how you feel, I went in to Future Shop with a friend since he was looking at speakers and half of them aren't even hooked up. What's up with that, I don't think they are going to sell many speakers this way.
    :confused:
    Main System:
    Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
    Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a