Pearl Harbor

Ron-P
Ron-P Posts: 8,516
edited January 2002 in Music & Movies
Leave it to Bay and Bruckheimer to produce another action film with beautiful and very dynamic scenes. I scanned thru disk #1 last night and watched the entire attack on Pearl Harbor. Excellent effects and very well photographed.

The video is very good, I did notice a few grainy scenes. The dts track is awesome, extremely enveloping and well balanced between the 5 with a .1 that is tight and clean. I have not seen action sequences this good since SPR. It was great.

Yes, I am one of the few who really enjoy Bay/Bruckheimer films and this one delivers. I did not see it in the theater and I did not expect much story, character development or historical content.

Flame On

Peace Out~:D
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
Post edited by Ron-P on

Comments

• SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited December 2001
    I also thought the movie was done really well and I enjoyed the story line..........but some people I work with had a different opinion......I'm not sure what their missing.

I found the movie Gone in 60secs.....okay but I'm still enjoying watching the tv program CSI-crime scene investigation on CBS....also produced by Bruckheimer.

again...it's only my opinion!:D
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2001
    CSI is groundbreaking never missed a single one. Created alot of spin-offs. CSI is better than alot of movies out there.;)
  • SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited December 2001
    I just hope CSI will be on the air for more yrs to come!
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited December 2001
    Originally posted by Ron-P

The video is very good, I did notice a few grainy scenes. The dts track is awesome, extremely enveloping and well balanced between the 5 with a .1 that is tight and clean. I have not seen action sequences this good since SPR. It was great.

Peace Out~:D [/B]

Well said Ron, I'm second to this, the DVD give you a good run for your money, it worth every penny you paid for...
  • Sean De Freitas
    Sean De Freitas Posts: 52
    edited January 2002
    Just want to add to your comments. I was actually a bit scared watching this movie, the surround sound was so realistic (I have the RM6600 satellite system with PSW 350 sub) on a Grundig widescreen TV (76cm). The whole thing was awesome, with an exciting storyline and realistic acting.

I could not believe how realistic the Polks were in recreating the action scenes. I had a friend over to watch the battle scene, and his remarks were it was exactly like being in a picture theater. Hey, that is a recommendation!

Sean.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2002
    Cool, Sean!

I guess I'm gonna have ta sit thru this stinker, too, ain't I...
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited January 2002
    this movie did me justice..
    i found my self ducking a few times. :p
    it's worth owning just for the action scenes
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • starace
    starace Posts: 7
    edited January 2002
    I am an avid TV watcher, and have watched many a TV show excel to greatness and many take a tumble. I watch CSI just to laugh and point out its short commings. I am a Criminal Justice Master's Graduate, I know a thing or to about procedural law and forensics for that matter. The science on the show may descent, but everything else is in the toilet. The only good thing on that show is the young lady that used to play the **** dr on ER.

I was a huge X-file fan, now it just plain sucks.

Do yourselves a favor watch UC: under cover forget CSI

Oh just to include a laugh, the worst CSI episode ever was the Chaos theory one where the girl fell down the trash shoot and a SUV hit a garbage bin at the right time crushing her between it and the wall. come on.

always IMO
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2002
    It's entertaining and cool. I am sometimes the first person to pick apart any movie but sometimes you have to seat back and enjoy. I watched that true stories csi detective show on the discovery channel or whatnot and CSI is still a very cool show. And the SUV and trash bin was sort whakky but it showed strange things happen. :cool: