Things I need "like yesterday"...

PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited November 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
1- square bore 750 or better cfm carb for the cadillac -- preferably edelbrock performer or something of the like -- bolt on outa the box, no adjustments -- price range = 275 -- note: must have fuel filter slot, the fuel lines dont have their own filters... preferably duel fuel inlet, but single will do too.

2- any info about "**** i can run into" when putting a supercharger on the 5.9L mopar motor.

3- a copy of the original windows operating system -- "windows 1" its a small 150 kb or something set of files... just want it for nostalgia.

4- a decent EQ for my truck - preferably digital interface - budget = $200.

post back at your leisure guys... order of importance = 1 / 4 / 2 / 3

:)
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
Post edited by PoweredByDodge on

Comments

• wlrandall
    wlrandall Posts: 440
    edited November 2003
    No way, man...#2 has to be priority 1. Maybe not the "what will happen" but just getting it done. Which one are you going with??
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2003
    well i found the old windows - found out that i can't put anohter carburetor on the caddy considering the space between the "virtually flat" stock intake and the hood -- even if i went w/ another intake the space would be less then so its pointless... had to instead find a buy to totally rebuild it (take offs and all) - and did for 150, so have to make an appt for that...

far as the supercharger -- talked to Jstas about that -- that's a no go....

and the EQ i'm still in need of...lol
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited November 2003
    my turn:
    i need:
    1. tweeter
    2. amp for 4x6s
    3. possibly momo 4x6s
    4. spacers for the springs on my truck
    5. new computer
    6. new truck

thats in the order ill be getting them...except i might not get the momo 4x6s
    why no supercharger?
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited November 2003
    He can do the supercharger, he just doesn't want to pay for it.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited November 2003
    lol...figured...cheap skate...
    itd only be...what 4k?
    lol
    -Cody
  • wlrandall
    edited November 2003
    C'mon....like Cody said, it's ONLY four freakin' thousand dollars. Add to that the other mods that **must** be done. It's only money, LOL, just go for it.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2003
    eh - i like the idea john gave me better... cylinder heads, cam, intake, yada yada -- it'd be more "real" power... and more stable, less beating on motor.

gotta learn how to do more **** though - gonna do some reading, maybe next summer i'll do somesimple things.

... also - cody - i planned to do blocks in my springs to raise the front maybe 2 inches or something, but the 1 inch blocks are too small - space between springs when compressed is more than that.... the 2 inch is too big, space between spring coils when extended fully wityh shock off is too little... its a nightmare.. i just figure i'll do new springs that are 2 inches taller (Fabtech makes some decent ones).
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited November 2003
    im not THAT concerned with raising it to buy new springs
    if you do decide to change your springs out
    be VERY careful...as far as im concerned thats number one on the most dangerous installation to do on a vehicle maybe besides a few other things that are necessary to do while youre under the vehicle and the vehicle is on jacks
    if spacers dont work f*** it...i tried...
    the brushguard on my truck is just so heavy, it brings down the front of the truck about an inch at the least(and this is a 3/4 ton truck)
    you should see the brushguard on this thing...its BEEFY...and its not even a full bumper replacement
    -Cody
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited November 2003
    and as far as cylinder heads, cam and intake go...
    nothing quite sounds like "ive got a supercharger in my truck"
    lol
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by sntnsupermen131
    and as far as cylinder heads, cam and intake go...
    nothing quite sounds like "ive got a supercharger in my truck"
    lol
    -Cody

Who cares what it sounds like when you SAY it! A cammed small block has a sound all it's own! I'd rather heve heads and a cam over a blower any day! Hell, I' rather heave some hot cams for my engine now and KEEP the blower!

I'll tell you, nothing sounds like a 302 with an E303 and a set of Flowmasters or a 289 breathing through hi-po heads and long tube headers. A Chevy 327 literally growls with a hot cam and a set of headers. Punch out a Dodge 360 to 400+ cubes and a cam with lots of overlap and it'll sound and shake the earth like a big block.

All you get with a supercharger, besides more power, is blower whine. Whoop-dee-doo! I like the sound of blower whine. It has an almost banshee like scream. It has a distinct sound and on a hot car, it can scare the hell out of people. But nothing beats pulling up next to a punk-**** kid in a Honda or an over-zealous dad in a family car and giving the gas a stab! That quick, thumping staccato of a small block V8...there is nothing like it!

Now I want a Sunbeam Tiger with the 289 and 8 single barrel Strombergs on top!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • wlrandall
    edited November 2003
    LOL, Jstas, "there's no replacement for displacement"... Ever been to a SCCA Trans Am race?? Talk about fire breathing, loping small blocks. To me, they sound better than even the engines built other classes.

Must be nice, at least PBD can get heads and a decent cam for his five-niner. Us 4.7 guys are still left out in the cold.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2003
    pfft -- give me another year i'll be buying a new motor... i'm putting on too many miles in too short of a time and not keeping up with it lately -- 2,500 miles a month = bad.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited November 2003
    what are you doing to put 2.5K a month on it?!?
    i do that in like 7-8 months
    -Cody
  • wlrandall
    edited November 2003
    I hear ya, my wife and then girlfriend bought a new car back in '93; racked up 36K in the first year commuting since it was our only car.

Here's your chance, get the motor you want. Start here, add some decent heads, an M1 intake, etc...:

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=4524&prmenbr=361

You could have some real fun with this.