RT1000i's versus the RT800i's

Options
lax01
lax01 Posts: 496
edited December 2001 in Technical/Setup
What are the quality differences betweent these two? Is there a large difference? Thanks. BTW, I know the 1000s have the built in sub. Thanks again.
Post edited by lax01 on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited December 2001
    Options
    i actually narrowed it down to these two speakers as fronts as well. i'll say- now i own the 800i's. my reasoning was that after demoing both speakers, i liked the mids and highs better on the 800's. the 1000's were a little too muddy to me. i am about a 80% HT guy though, so if you plan on listening mostly to stereo music, the 1000's might be your best choice. i would prefer clear mids and highs, and make up for the bass in a seperate sub. this is just my preference, as to me, it sounds better. i would demo both speakers side by side, and see what you think. bring along a disc or two(both music and dvd) that you know well, and listen to them played through both sets. good luck!
  • lax01
    lax01 Posts: 496
    edited December 2001
    Options
    I am also about 80% HT but only about 10% Music and 10% Playstation 2 (video games). So far I did demo them at CC with my own music (new Incubus CD) and I like the intergrated woofers. Since I am using a horrible subwoofer which I jimmyriged from my computer, I feel that the 1000i's are my choice. Are there any differences between the components of the speakers?:confused:
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited December 2001
    Options
    The componants are the same..the xover is set differently and the chambers for the drivers are set differently... see specs on the web site for this. I had the 1000's and they were great speakers... I traded them in for the 2000i's... wich are killer. I'm currently using the 800's for my surrounds.

If you are mostly doing HT... do the 55i's and beef up the sub!
    But if you listen to a lot of music..I like the setup on the 1000's better...IMO. I heard a bit of a difference between the polks with dual drivers and single drivers...and I like the high definition better on the single drivers..

anyway..good luck