DIY bipole/dipole

Options
dave shepard
dave shepard Posts: 1,334
edited November 2003 in Speakers
With all my recient upgrades the one speaker I really want are the FX1000's and just can't find any. Has anyone tried to build any bipole/dipole speakers? I would like to build them like the 1000's, I've e-mailed Polk about the parts and am waiting for their reply. Does anybody know where to get the same parts other then Polk cheeper? Building the cabnets will not be a problem. Would real oak compared to partical w/ oak vaneer have a sound diff? Would the price of building be cheeper?

Thanks

Dave
Post edited by dave shepard on

Comments

• goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2003
    Options
    i would go 3/4 mdfb laminated with wood vener. and how much of a setup do you have? if you want to diy a speaker i would look at http://www.gr-research.com/catalog.htm

i am thinking of the av 2 or the The Diluceo

but both are 4 ohm loads but the av3 is 8

this is what i get of the bi/di polar suround a bi polar speaker just swithes the one side out of phase with the other and di is in phase.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Just buy the "50's" series - they are still perfect for your setup. I would have also liked the 1000's but the fx500's I have easily do the job. There may diff if you are a blasting multi channel music but.... Don't sweat it man!!!!!! Really.........