Locked out of for sale?

Options
shopdog328
shopdog328 Posts: 25
edited October 2012 in Forum Testing Area
I understand that I need 100 posts to sell and I know no replies if you're no going to buy.... Haven't broken either rule. But for some reason I can't view any for sale items any longer. I keep getting a pop up saying I need 100 post to view the item. What gives? How am I supposed to grow my Polk collection if I can't buy?
Post edited by shopdog328 on

Comments

• 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    edited September 2012
    Options
    there are a couple of threads here about the subject. the rules have been changed.
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • dracoskeeper
    dracoskeeper Posts: 142
    edited September 2012
    Options
    You sir a loser just like me :biggrin: Get your post count over 100 and you will be all good:wink:
  • David R
    David R Posts: 134
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Wow --- why? I am at 45. Does anyone have an explanation why we can't view listings?
    Panasonic 65" Plasma - Panasonic Blu-ray. Onkyo TX-NR809 RTi A7s fronts - MK CS150s surronds.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited September 2012
    Options
    David R wrote: »
    Wow --- why? I am at 45. Does anyone have an explanation why we can't view listings?

Have a look at the "new Rules" thread. The topic has been thoroughly vetted there.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    edited September 2012
    Options
    And posting in the forum testing area doesn't add to your count. Just sayin'...
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited September 2012
    Options
    You sir a loser just like me :biggrin: Get your post count over 100 and you will be all good:wink:

No loser status attached to post count, just shows a certain level of community involvement.
  • gmjungbluth
    gmjungbluth Posts: 232
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Was there some bad behavior that precipitated this rule change? Were folks getting burned by newbies (like me)?
    HT System:
    Marantz NR-1403
    Front: Klipsch CF-4
    Rear: Paradigm Atom V3
    Center: Boston Acoustic VR12
    Sub: Bowers & Wilkins ASW600

2Ch:
    Restored Fisher 500C
    Yamaha P-500 Turntable

Living Room:
    Harman Kardon 3380
    Restored Polk Monitor 7B

Bedroom:
    Harman Kardon VR-3750
    Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble
    Polk PSW10

In and out of rotation:
    KLH Model 6,
    Polk LSI7
    NAD 7100
  • badchad
    badchad Posts: 348
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Just keep posting OP, you'll get there eventually.
    Polk Fronts: RTi A7's
    Polk Center: CSi A6
    Polk Surrounds: FXi A6's
    Polk Rear Surround: RTi4
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 (MK1)
    AVR: Yamaha RX-A2010
    B&K Reference 200.7
    TV: Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Oppo BDP-103
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Was there some bad behavior that precipitated this rule change? Were folks getting burned by newbies (like me)?

Maybe so, but we don't advertise that info. Keeping the FM on the up and up is very important around here and I'll be behind any rule changes to keep it that way.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    edited September 2012
    Options
    For those who are curious keep moving, that's what I'm doing. For those teat whining about the change Polk could have put some real teeth in this and made it a 250 or higher post count. Maybe a 6 month probation from your join date.

This forum faced the possibility of being shut down awhile back so I'm just happy that it still exists.

Heck, at my rate I'll have 100 posts by 2017 and that's fine. So any rule changes Polk feels necessary to keep this community chugging along is fine too.

Robert
  • wkjeffers
    wkjeffers Posts: 139
    edited September 2012
    Options
    OK so I propose that I post here the 81 times needed for the 100 posts!
  • wkjeffers
    wkjeffers Posts: 139
    edited September 2012
    Options
    80 posts needed
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The Forum Testing Area doesn't add to your post count either.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited September 2012
    Options
    wkjeffers wrote: »
    80 posts needed

You read a few posts a few times a week, you make a few posts. 100 posts. What is that, like 2-3 months or less? Even if you don't post much. Frankly, I can't see how you can post less, there must be at least a few Polkies that get on your nerves, no? lol

Are you gonna give those "guys" a pass?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • cowtrimmer
    cowtrimmer Posts: 201
    edited September 2012
    Options
    To go through all the work to prohibit members with less than 100 posts from viewing the 4-sale forums seems kind of redundant when you dont limit spammers from posting links to harmful websites ? Seems like reverse paranoia to me. :lol: At least the priorities are straight. :cool:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Spam is handled here just fine and removed as soon as a moderator see it. Sorry, for the inconvenience.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jaf09
    jaf09 Posts: 48
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ugh thats why, oh well i have to wait then i am always in the hunt for new gear and i love this forum and products polk, even tough i am new here at least i l could snag the ultrasound 8000's and fxia 6 to finished my rtia's set up on time!
This discussion has been closed.