Re-Capping my Tube cell phone

Options
onebadchad
onebadchad Posts: 364
edited August 2012 in Electronics
I couldnt find the exact cap. But I had a few extra laying around that worked. I love my new phone/pocket heater.
Hello Kitty am/fm CD player
Post edited by onebadchad on

Comments

• Timothy Smith
    Timothy Smith Posts: 764
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That is awesome.

I was thinking about making the move from a SS cell phone to a tube one with NOS tubes too.

I am looking for a lighter car battery that I can carry on my belt.

It's hard to describe, but the calls just sound better. More like the phone calls from the golden age of Bakelite desk phones of my youth.
    Norh ACA-2B tube pre, Sumo Andromeda SS amp. Magneplanar MMG speakers, M&K MX1250 Subwoofer, Pro-Ject RM1.3 Genie TT with Sumiko Pearl MM cart., Keces DAC, Cambridge Audio Azur 640c CD player
  • onebadchad
    onebadchad Posts: 364
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Id like to find a vintage 5g tube.. there 4g just isnt cutting it any more.
    Hello Kitty am/fm CD player
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Rotfl!
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I could only hope my sprint service sounded as good as a phone call from the 50's.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I heard you can become a wi-fi hot spot by rolling some tubes
  • Timothy Smith
    Timothy Smith Posts: 764
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I think your next step is to try some exotic cables between the screw-type capacitor terminals and wherever it is they go to. The orange, black, and red wire is holding you back SQ-wise.
    Norh ACA-2B tube pre, Sumo Andromeda SS amp. Magneplanar MMG speakers, M&K MX1250 Subwoofer, Pro-Ject RM1.3 Genie TT with Sumiko Pearl MM cart., Keces DAC, Cambridge Audio Azur 640c CD player
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 675
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You need some rdo198's and MW6500 speakers to replace the stock ones and some of Larry's rings to hold them in place to hear a real sonic improvement! Don't forget the dynamat, you wouldnt want the baskets to ring when the phone rings!
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    edited August 2012
    Options
    you should to continue to convert it into a 2-parter like Elliot Ness used.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Be careful how you put that in your pocket. You don't want to burn your um, you know.