Nad t748??

Tankman
Tankman Posts: 419
edited August 2012 in Forum Testing Area
Okay Ole Timers heres one I am looking at too replace my H/K3600.It seems too be from what I could find on the net,hands down better then the H/K3600.For you guys out there that has the H/K3600 like I do,You already know what the H/K can do.Which speaking just for myself since I have had this for almost a year now. I have come too find the unit isn't up to what I wanted from a low end AVR.The NAD T187 on the other hand has really good reviews and well like most poeple know NAD just flat out blows away the H/K3600 which I have found out most H/K's and I did say most not all are over stated on the Spec end.Yes there Amp side is ok at best not great just ok in my book.But there H/T side of them are,well less than OK in my book too.So with that said the NAD T187 seem s to be a good unit too use as a Pre-Amp,What you guys think?
Post edited by Tankman on

Comments

• Tankman
    edited August 2012
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    edited August 2012
    How much are you looking to spend? Tje reason i ask is i have never heard or owned an avr that could offer the sound of a sepporate amp with a " processor" or a halfway decent avr using a sepporate amp for power and bypassing the avr amps. You can pick up a very nice "vintage" SS multi- ch amp for a few hundo that will blow away any digital avr amp. And use the processor part of the avr untill you can afford to replace it with a deacated processor also vintage for a couple hundo. This approach , imho, will outproform virtually and avr up to the 5/7 k range if not more.well worth looking into.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Tankman
    edited August 2012
    @soundfreank1..How are you likeing that Parasound ya have there?I am getting ready too replace my two Emotiva monoblocks soon and I am looking into BK Butler amps,I also like the Parasound Halo's also.I feel matching the NAD T187 with a BK Butler would be the way too go.The Emotiva monoblocks I feel would not do right by the NAD T187.This replacement of the EMO amps will happen soon before the year is up for sure.I was looking too pair them up with that NAD T748 in a game room.I do have the NAD T187 its not in my set up cause I am waiting too get the BK Butler,and I just moved into a new Townhome so when I get the BK amp I will be done for some time.Them EMO amps just are not doing my LSI-15's justize in my book.No harm guys on the EMO amp thing they are OK but really not what I want in a "Reference" sound from a amp.Thanks F1nut! You Rule in here Bro!