EL34 Mono Block Amplifiers

doctor r
doctor r Posts: 837
edited August 2012 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Shanling SP80 EL34 based monoblocks. 50 watts each. $700.00 (negotiable)
These amplifiers also have built in preamps (presently bypassed) that link together and enable a single remote (included) to control both amplifiers and sync volume. These were my primary amplifiers for 3 years and I beleive I am the third owner. Included in the sale is the remote, two quality power chords, bias adapter (fixed bias), 4 SED EL34s, 2 Sylvania 6SN7s, 2 Sylvania 6SL7s. The sound is open, fast and articulate with just a touch of tube sweetness. They produce a beautiful 3D soundstage.
I used them with a separate external preamp, but they can easily be reset to use the internal preamps if a single source is contemplated. 8 ohm and 4 ohm speaker taps.
I do not have the original boxes and due to the weight (80 lbs combined with accessories) I would like to make these available for pickup in North Florida (Jacksonville) or I will be traveling to the Atlanta area over Labor Day weekend.

Specifications:
Rated output power: 50 Watts RMS @ 8 Ohms
Total harmonic distortion (THD+N): < 0.1%
Frequency response at rated power: 20Hz- 30kHz +/- 1db.
Load resistance: 4-8 Ohms.
Signal to noise ratio: >90db.
Input: RCA
Mains power: ~100V ? 120V @ 60Hz.
Line fuse: T2.5 Amp @ 250V A C.
Power consumption: 400W Max.
Dimensions: (mm) 205 W X195 H X 460 D.
Net weight: 15 kg.

Below are some reviews (with pictures), though mine are stock and have not had any of the modifications one review references. I will attempt to get pictures of mine loaded tonight. They are in very good condition except one of the posts has about a 1 degree difference vertically than the other corner posts. Not really noticeable unless you look for it. I will give them a 7/10 for that post, but in reality they look like an 8 on the audiogon scale.

http://www.stereotimes.com/amp070704.shtml

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/shanling2/80.html
integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
server Wolf Alpha 3SX
phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
speakers Rockport Mira II
cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
rack Adona Eris 6dw
ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
Post edited by doctor r on

Comments