System choice

JDOGG
JDOGG Posts: 433
edited October 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
http://www.zapco.com/nosound/index3.html I need reccomendations on a comp. system and a reciver to be used with this amp. The C2K-3.0X under competition in products. I am willing to spend $400 on the speakers and same for HU.
Panasonic VIERA 46" 1080p plasma
Onkyo TX-SR805
Klipsch RF-7(bi-amped)
Klipsch RF-25
Xbox 360 with HD DVD
Playstation 3
Cobalt Cable
Post edited by JDOGG on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    you didnt say what size speakers you wanted...so I guessed 6 1/2
    Focal 165K
    $370
    this head unitPioneer DEH-P8500MP
    $370
    -Cody
  • JDOGG
    edited October 2003
    you guessed right, and those are great from what i've heard,also the h.u is pretty nice, Thanks. http://www.acaraudio.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=17&products_id=262&osCsid=05966ce547b33a8c0e97956825cef2a4 how would these compare.
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Klipsch RF-7(bi-amped)
    Klipsch RF-25
    Xbox 360 with HD DVD
    Playstation 3
    Cobalt Cable
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited October 2003
    Personally I think there is no comparison. I'm not a fan of Quart speakers, I think they are too "tinny." Just my opinion though.

I don't know if you already have that amp or not, but I'd like the suggest the Zapco Reference 350 instead of the 3.0X for fronts. Nearly identical specs, but you get 100 wattsX2 instead of 75. The only difference is with the 350 you get a lower damping factor, which shouldn't be a problem if you're not gonna run a sub or subs off of it. This amp would sound about the same or a little better sq wise and cost you about half as much.
    "The Big C"
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited October 2003
    havent heard a lot of good things about quart
    why is there JL coaxials in your cart?
    lol
    -Cody
  • JDOGG
    edited October 2003
    They are components, not any good are they. I'll change that.
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Klipsch RF-7(bi-amped)
    Klipsch RF-25
    Xbox 360 with HD DVD
    Playstation 3
    Cobalt Cable
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    One thing you could do HU wise is go for an Eclipse, it'll have better sq than the pio8500 and if you get the CD8443 you'll get 8v non clipping outputs, i'd check with zapco and see if it'll handle it, the manual for the 3.0x said 1-4 and 4-16, seems an odd way to state the specs so you may want to check. that pioneer will clip down to about 2v from it's stated 4 at about half volume. the eclipse will never clip. oh yeah, and for about the same price on the amp you could get the USAmps TU-600. 150x2 @4 ohms. specs are comprable and dude, it's a tube amp, oh yeah and the TU-600 blows the 3.0x away on frequency response. just an idea :D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • C-Man
    edited October 2003
    Zapco does 1-4v RCA input and 4-16v balanced input. But if you're looking at Eclipse, don't go buying the 8053 just because the Zapco amps can accept the 16v balanced input. You have to buy something called the Symbilink system in order to make the balanced work. The Reference amp I listed will accept the 8 volt non clipping RCA with no problems... I've got two Zapco amps and the Eclipse 8443. The Eclipse deck is pure sq. There are so many eq curves and Paremetric this and that and things I have no idea how to use. I literally hooked up my Eclipse and changed the bass and treble setting slightly and got better sound quality than I got after an hour of adjusting my Pioneer 8400. The only thing I don't like about the Eclipse is the volume and scan knobs. They are small and very touchy, and of course the display isn't great.

I just want to point out again that if you are looking at that Zapco amp just for your components you will be just as happy with the Reference 350. I'm sure the USAmps would be as good or better, but again, twice the price of the amp I listed.

http://www.steeleaudio.com/cart/product_info.php?products_id=107

That's a link to that amp at a retail shop where I live. I'm sure you could find it cheaper online if you dug around.
    "The Big C"
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited October 2003
    i can personally vouch for the 8500...its a DAMN good hu for the price...IMHO...its unbeatable...unless im mistaken...the eclipse unit is around $600?
    if you can afford it...thats great...get the eclipse...if not, im sure youll be more than pleased with the pioneer...it is truly a great HU
    as far as tube amps...theyre clean as hell...but theyre potential electrical system killers...and unless youre going to upgrade your electrical system...i dont recommend it
    -Cody
  • C-Man
    edited October 2003
    The Eclipse 8443 is around $429. I can also vouch for the 8500. Awesome deck, tons of features. Hell the only reason I got rid of mine is cuz my girlfriend talked me into giving it to her. :)
    "The Big C"
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    ody,
    FYI, The US Amps TU-600 only has a peak fuse rating of 60 amps so it's be a lot of clean power w/o excessive strain on the system. also it can be had with warranty from www.speedsound.com for 489.95 + shipping, a great price for the kind of amp you're getting, it retails for about 740... That's what i'm going to run my MM6's off of when i get the cash for it, probably over christmass break...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.