Kenwood KDC-X794

EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,589
edited August 2012 in Car Audio & Electronics
I know this unit is a bit long in the tooth, but wanted to get opinions from folks on it. One just came up locally and I am probably going to buy it, but wanted to hear from any owners on if they are still loving the unit or not.

I will primarily be using my iPhone and either Pandora or music loaded on it (highest quality you can get from iTunes) or CD's. I believe this unit bypasses the iPhones DAC's when connected via USB.

As a reminder of my setup for my car I have the following connected

Sundown 125.2 amp to a set of Polk DB6501 component speakers with the woofers installed in the door, tweeters in the sail panels
Sundown 1200D amp to a Treo TE 10.44 sub

I am planning on using time alignment and the extra lower crossover settings than I have now but am curious as to what I should set the crossover for the fronts and sub at.

Right now I am limited to 100, 120, 150 on both. I figured with the new headunit for the front speakers I could drop it to like 60 and the sub I could go to like 80?

Anyway thoughts or opinions appreciated.

Also any idea on where to aquire a remote for one, this unit doenst have it and its not a total deal breaker as I dont use the remote for my current unit anyway, but would like to have it.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
Post edited by EndersShadow on

Comments

• EndersShadow
    edited August 2012
    Ended up finding a unit on ebay for a better price (and it had everything with it whereas the local unit didnt, then suddenly it did :rolleyes:).

Looking forward to getting this puppy installed in my Jetta. Hoping the 4v pre-outs will make a difference. I know the time alignment will. Any tips/suggestions on using the unit are more than welcome :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2012
    DSkip wrote: »
    It will sound better with some SR6500's...

Sure, I will be glad to accept your gift :smile:.

Actually do have a question. I know the unit has the stock wiring harness but I am assuming I need to get one to connect that unit to my Jetta's existing one.

Can I just re-use the one I currently have for my older Kenwood unit? If not can anyone point me in the right direction.....

Its been like 5 years since I upgraded my headunit lol...