EMOTIVA AMPS FOR SALE! MPS-1, UPA-1 (x3), UPA-5

Options
sbpolk
sbpolk Posts: 644
edited October 2012 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Alright guys, the time has come. Going all XPR! :o;)

I am selling off some of my Emotiva Amps... Some of (if not THE) most desireable of all Emotiva Amps. I have run a 9.2 Polk LSi system with these with great results!

First is the venerable Emotiva MPS-1 7 Channel Amplifier. Class H Topology, 7x300 @4 ohms, individual monoblock amp blades, yada yada yada. THIS AMP ROCKS! Sounds amazing, LOOKS amazing, etc.

This amp is a BEAST, I think it weighs 115lbs fully assembled. It will ship in two boxes. 5 amp blades in one box, and the Chassis and two amp blades in the other. INCLUDES THE BILLET RACK EARS! Also includes the PIANO BLACK SIDES!

Selling for $1395 and I will SPLIT SHIPPING.

Second, I have three mint condition UPA-1 Monoblock Amps! These are little monsters! 200 watts @ 8ohms, and I think some have said 385 watts at 4 ohms!! They will ship in their original boxes, with manuals and trigger cables.

At this point, I want to sell ALL THREE TOGETHER, unless I have a couple of people (or three) that each want one, then I will have to get a deposit from each of you for all three before the deal will officially go through.

Selling for $999 SHIPPED for all three!

Finally I have a mint UPA-5, an excellent five channel amp! While I have used this amp for surrounds, it is excellent for a full 5 channel system! It will ship in its original box as well.

If you found yourself dissapointed with the UPA-500, get this amp while you can!

Selling for $550 SHIPPED.
I don't currenlty have a good picture of the UPA amps... they are all in my light controlled theater, in a Middle Atlantic rack, which makes them a bit hard to photograph. I will see what I can get.

Here is the MPS-1!

2012-06-09_12-01-19_448.jpg

2012-06-09_11-58-08_249.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
Post edited by sbpolk on

Comments

• sbpolk
    edited August 2012
    Options
    One of the UPA-1s is SPF, the other two are still available at the moment. Have some interest in them, but nothing set in stone yet, so don't miss your chance! $330 shipped each!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
  • sbpolk
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Buyer of the one the UPA-1s flaked... Which is unfortunate because I had a local buyer for the other two, but I wouldn't sell those till the online buyer paid... and that took too long so the local buyer moved on.

So folks, if you say you will take it, please follow through! :0)

ALL THE AMPS ARE STILL AVAILABLE!!
  • sbpolk
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Triple T!
  • sbpolk
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The MPS-1 is sold!

The UPA-1s and UPA-5 are still avaialable!
  • sbpolk
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Here are some pics of the UPA amps.... My Emotiva Tower of Power!

20120810_231155.jpg

20120810_231258.jpg
  • xftman
    xftman Posts: 153
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Do you have the specs for UPA-5. Emotiva site could only find UPA-500 or XPA-5.
    MAIN:
    Front- LsiM 707 (MIT Terminator 2 Bi-Wire),
    Center- lsiM 706,
    Surrounds- lsi F/X,
    Power sub PSW1000,
    Receiver- Harman Kardon Avr 3700,
    Amp - Emo XPR-5.

Secondary (2.1):
    LsiM 703,
    HK Avr 3700,
    Yaqin MS-30L,
    Polk DSW-PRO 400.

• sbpolk
    edited August 2012
    Options
    xftman wrote: »
    Do you have the specs for UPA-5. Emotiva site could only find UPA-500 or XPA-5.

UPA-5 SPECS:

The UPA-5 delivers 125 watts of continuous power with all channels driven. That's the key word. 'Continuous' means...well, just that. Continuous. Not a peak rating. Not the rating the amp achieves while being pushed to its limits, putting out a distorted and muddy sound. Continuous power means the amplifier is in its comfort zone, doing what's its designed to do - giving you an exceptional theater and music experience without breaking a sweat.

The vast majority of receivers rated at 125, 130, or even 150 watts per channel are promising you output power, but they can't really deliver it. There's a lot of small print on those spec. sheets. Take a closer look and you'll see what we mean. It's not continuous power with all channels driven; that's the way we state it. Simple. Honest. Real. Most receivers are straining to hold it together when asked to deliver the goods. Confused about what 125 watts per channel of real power really means? When done right, it's a lot of power!

So that's the dare. Check out the UPA-5, and see for yourself what 625 watts of real power can do for you!

The UPA-5 is built on the same platform as the sensational UPA-7.

Break through the wall that separates mediocre audio from exceptional audio without breaking your budget.

The UPA-5. Overachiever.

• Number of Channels: 5

• Topology: Fully Discrete, Dual Differential, High Current, Short Signal Path Class A/B

• Power output (all channels driven):
    185 watts RMS @ 4 ohm (0.1% THD)
    125 watts RMS @ 8 ohm (0.1% THD)

• Power Band Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than .05db deviation at rated power

• Broadband Frequency Response: (‐3db): 5Hz to 150kHz

• Amplifier Gain: 32db

• Signal to Noise Ratio 1 watt: >119db Full Power: >116db

• Input Impedance: 23.5kohms

• Transformer Size: 600VA

• Secondary capacitance: 90,000uF

• Output Devices: 4 per channel

• Size: 17” W x 7.75” H x 19” D

• Weight: 58 lbs (71 lbs boxed)

* Specifications subject to change without notice.

FEATURES:

• Fully protected from all fault conditions

• Advanced microprocessor operating system

• Soft start circuitry

• External trigger turn on

• Soft touch power switch

• 4RU chassis w/ solid milled aluminum faceplate

• IEC power inlet, 120/230 VAC auto configurable

• Output design: Triple Darlington with On output stages

• Type of outputs: Audiophile quality 5 way binding post

• Display type: Digital status indicators

• 1% resistors, precision film capacitors in all critical signal paths

• Modular channel design for greater channel separation, auto rail detection relays for automatic voltage selection.

• On/Off LED Status Switch
  • sbpolk
    edited August 2012
    Options
    SPECS on the UPA-1 Monoblocks:

Elegance. That’s what the UPA-1 Ultra Mono-block Amplifier offers. Employing a mono-block system in an audio setup gives you a dedicated power supply for each channel. The reward is refined sound and a jet black noise floor. Crosstalk is eliminated by complete inter-channel isolation. Dynamic behavior is consistently superior under complex loads and power demands. Your soundstage achieves a new level of depth and lucidity.

Build a two channel, five channel or seven channel system with UPA-1s, or combine them with other Emotiva amplifiers to suit your needs. For an ideal and economical 5 or 7 channel setup, combine 3 upa-1s with one or two UPA-2s (to power your surrounds).

If you've wanted to explore the possibilities of a mono-block setup, but felt restricted by the size and cost of suitable amplifiers, the UPA-1 could be the solution you've been seeking. The elegant solution.

Performance
    The UPA-1 features a 300VA torroidal and one of our 'X' series power modules, supplying 200 continuous watts into 8ohms, and 350 watts into 4ohms. Extremely low output impedance, 80,000 uf of power supply capaticance, and uncompressed dynamic reserve make this amplifier truly exceptional.

Quality
    Made with the same high quality components as all Emotiva amplifiers, and featuring both balanced (XLR) and unbalanced inputs, as well as in and out trigger connections. Dual output terminals make bi-wiring an easy option.

Space Management
    The compact 2RU chassis (same as the UPA-2) make the UPA-1 easily stackable, maximizing the use of space in your home theater or two channel setup.

• Number of Channels: 1

• Topology: Fully Discrete, Dual Differential, High Current, Short Signal Path Class A/B

• Power output (all channels driven):
    350 watts RMS @ 4 ohm (0.1% THD)
    200 watts RMS @ 8 ohm (0.1% THD)

• Power Band Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than .05db deviation at rated power
    Broadband Frequency Response: (-3db): 5Hz to 150kHz

• Amplifier Gain: 32db

• Signal to Noise Ratio:
    1 watt: >89db
    Full Power: >117db

• Input Impedance:
    Unbalanced – 23.5kohms
    Balanced – 33kohms

• Transformer Size: 300VA

• Secondary capacitance: 80,000uF

• Output Devices: 6

Size: 17” W x 3.875” H x 18” D
    Weight: 26 lbs (35 lbs boxed)

click image to view rear panel

* Specifications subject to change without notice.

FEATURES:

• Dual output terminals for easy bi-wiring.

• Fully protected from all fault conditions

• Advanced microprocessor operating system

• Soft start circuitry

• External trigger turn on

• Soft touch power switch

• 2RU chassis w/ solid milled aluminum faceplate

• IEC power inlet, 120/230 VAC auto configurable

• Output design: Triple Darlington with On output stages

• Type of outputs: Audiophile quality 5 way binding post

• Display type: Digital status indicators

• 1% resistors, precision film capacitors in all critical signal paths

• Modular channel design for greater channel separation, auto rail detection relays for automatic voltage selection.

• On/Off LED Status Switch
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You don't happen to have a ERC-2 for sale do you?? :cheesygrin:
  • xftman
    xftman Posts: 153
    edited August 2012
    Options
    prefer XPA-3 or 5 to have 200W @ 8ohms.
    MAIN:
    Front- LsiM 707 (MIT Terminator 2 Bi-Wire),
    Center- lsiM 706,
    Surrounds- lsi F/X,
    Power sub PSW1000,
    Receiver- Harman Kardon Avr 3700,
    Amp - Emo XPR-5.

Secondary (2.1):
    LsiM 703,
    HK Avr 3700,
    Yaqin MS-30L,
    Polk DSW-PRO 400.

• mesquitehead
    mesquitehead Posts: 312
    edited August 2012
    Options
    UPA5
    ◦Design: Five-channel Power Amplifier
    ◦Power Output: 125 Watts RMS x 5 into 8 Ohms; 185 Watts x 5 into 4 Ohms

◦THD+N: 0.1%
    ◦Connectors: RCA Unbalanced and XLR Balanced; Five-way Speaker Binding Posts
    ◦Dimensions: 7.8" H x 17" W x 19" D
    ◦Weight: 58 Pounds
    ◦MSRP: $549 USA
    ◦Emotiva
    "Thats great... but how does it sound"
    http://www.burginmcdaniel.com/

http://mixonline.com/gear/reviews/audio_burgin_mcdaniel_komit/

Yamaha RX-A820 (networked with wireless bridge), Carver M-1.0t, Carver TFM-35, Carver C-1, Polk SDA1c's (x2 pair), Polk RTA 8tl's, Polk RTA 11tl's, Polk Monitor 5, Polk CS 400, Polk PSW 650, Rega Planar 3, Sony DVPNC555ES SACD/DVD, Panny 65" Plasma, Roku

2007 Tundra 5.7 TRD DC
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Polk SR6500
    SI BM 12" subs
    Zed Gladius
    Zed Deuce
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Pm sent
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Don't know if this is an appropriate question but -

I've been interested in mono blocks lately. Does anyone have any thoughts or information on how these two mono blocks might do with my LSi-15's in comparison to my current single GFA-555ii?

THanks.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2012
    Options
    PM sent
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Does the UPA-5 have any warranty left? I have been looking at the new UPA-500 with interest..
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • sbpolk
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Should be a few years left on warranty for the UPA-5.
  • Tankman
    Tankman Posts: 419
    edited October 2012
    Options
    stretchl wrote: »
    Don't know if this is an appropriate question but -

I've been interested in mono blocks lately. Does anyone have any thoughts or information on how these two mono blocks might do with my LSi-15's in comparison to my current single GFA-555ii?

THanks.
    I have two of these with my LSi-15's.The sound stage of the UPA-1's are good at about -15db's,anything above that it falls apart really fast.My Caver was much better.Not bad for the bucks.
  • sbpolk
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Tankman, very bad form to crap in someone else's for sale thread... This isn't where we debate how good or bad a piece of equipment is.
  • rtart
    rtart Posts: 817
    edited October 2012
    Options
    sbpolk wrote: »
    Tankman, very bad form to crap in someone else's for sale thread... This isn't where we debate how good or bad a piece of equipment is.

^^^Well said^^^
    My 7.4.4 DIY 4k Home Theater:
    Polk LSiM 707 L-C-R, LSiM702 side surrounds, LSiM 705 rears
    Polk RC-80i x 4 In Ceiling Atmos speakers
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Denon X3700H
    Emotiva XPA11 Gen 3
    XBox One X 4k & BD and streaming
    Panasonic UB-420 4k player
    HD-A35 HD DVD
    Oppo BD-103D for hirez audio
    Technics SL-D2 TT, Grado Gold Cartridge
    JVC DLA-RS2000/NX7 projector
    Silver Ticket 120" acoustically transparent screen
    Berkline 090 electric recliners with Aura Bass Shakers
  • Tankman
    Tankman Posts: 419
    edited October 2012
    Options
    @sbpolk...My bad, very sorry about that.I wasn't thinking.You make some very good points about the UPA-1's.I do like my UPA-1's.They are lil monsters.Again my apology Sir.:redface: